windows could not start --> ntfs.sys missing or corrupt

xpyrate

I get this message every time I try to install my nlited windows:

"windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

blah/blah ntfs.sys

blah blah blah"

This happens whether I've burned the ISO or created an ISO file and used virtual box.

I've tried this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822800

Copying the ntfs.sys file has no effect. I also tried creating the ISO with cd burner XP pro with the same result. What I find interesting is that when I de-select all the components I had set to remove it still gives me the same error. Am I missing a driver? I would think that in using virtualbox I wouldn't need a sata driver?

Edited by xpyrate

Yes, I would love to know the answer to this as I have always had the same problem when trying to Nlite my Gateway OEM XP SP1 disk. I integrate SP2 and it works fine, but when I go to boot up it says that ntfs.sys is missing or corrupt. I have researched this for years and never could find a suitable answer.

Well, I don't get it. I tried without altering anything, still windows could not start because ntfs.sys is corrupt blah blah. I even tried using version 1.01 and still the same thing. It's always worked before, well, my last install I could never get safe mode to work because of this same error, but everything else worked fine.

I even tried installing XP into a virtual machine and installing nlite, thinking maybe it was because I'm running vista, but the same error.

Is there some kind of debugging extension or something that could maybe give me a little more feedback? Is there another program that does the same thing as nlite?

OK, I think I figured it out. Removing my OEM folder fixed the issue. I didn't think my hacks would screw it up. I suppose I have to now edit the resources(ex. ntoskrnl.exe, winlogon.exe, etc) with the ones that were processed by nlite.