how do i know what program its a addon

badboy260

mi question is how do i know whats an addon and what programs i cant put in my bott cd like an add on i woud like to iinstall in my boot cd programs like

nero

avast

win rar

tune up utilitys

popsstoppersprofecional

messenger

spybot

steam

ventrilo

flash player

ares

ccleaner

firefox

photoshop

whats the meaning of addons and how can incorporate my programs to my windows

can i just put my programs in a folder so i can accses them in that folder wen i have finish the windows set up

its theres other way to integrate them to windows or his menu and at firts run a pop up will tell you you have programs you can install

mi question is how do i know whats an addon and what programs i cant put in my bott cd like an add on i woud like to iinstall in my boot cd programs like

nero

avast

win rar

tune up utilitys

popsstoppersprofecional

messenger

spybot

steam

ventrilo

flash player

ares

ccleaner

firefox

photoshop

can i just put my programs in a folder so i can accses them in that folder wen i have finish the windows set up

its theres other way to integrate them to windows or his menu and at firts run a pop up will tell you you have programs you can install

hmmm. Lots of questions you are asking. Let me try.

Most of what you list are programs.

Once you install programs, they usually go to a folder called Program Files (by default.)

(My computer> C drive> Program files)

Addons or (utilities) are enhancements or additional features, that can be added to a program so it can do more things

In Firefox, (for example) on your list, you can choose to add addons by (with Firefox running) going to: Tools>Addons>get extensions (lower right corner) and browse the list of whats available for download, so you can customize' the program to better fit your needs.

Winrar is another example. It is a Utility Its purpose is to open compressed Windows files.

It helps you get better use out of Windows operating system, you have installed.

To make it more clear.. a program is like a car. When you order options like a GPS system, a Cd Player or Air Conditioning to be installed in the car ... these are considered addons.

In order to uses addons, you must have the program they are for, installed first. otherwise the addon is of no use.

Hope this helps you.

nero

avast

win rar

tune up utilitys

popsstoppersprofecional

messenger

spybot

steam

ventrilo

flash player

ares

ccleaner

firefox

photoshop

hmmm. Lots of questions you are asking. Let me try.

Most of what you list are programs.

Once you install programs, they usually go to a folder called Program Files (by default.)

(My computer> C drive> Program files)

Addons or (utilities) are enhancements or additional features, that can be added to a program so it can do more things

In Firefox, (for example) on your list, you can choose to add addons by (with Firefox running) going to: Tools>Addons>get extensions (lower right corner) and browse the list of whats available for download, so you can customize' the program to better fit your needs.

Winrar is another example. It is a Utility Its purpose is to open compressed Windows files.

It helps you get better use out of Windows operating system, you have installed.

To make it more clear.. a program is like a car. When you order options like a GPS system, a Cd Player or Air Conditioning to be installed in the car ... these are considered addons.

In order to uses addons, you must have the program they are for, installed first. otherwise the addon is of no use.

Hope this helps you.

thanks ok but now how can i integrate those programs to my windows iso so they install whit out you doin it or can you give me some ideas what can i do hehe im a newbie in this things

Hi badboy260,

For addons that get integrated with your nlited OS, you should look here in the subforum of the nlite forum. Find the programs you would like to integrate, download and save and when you run nlite, it will ask you for the addon programs. You just navigate to the addon programs and select them.

DL

Edited by DL

You search for the addons (if they are available) and you can integrate them into your windows XP CD but using nLite (just add them as into the hotfix area)

Here are a couple addon builders (they will build you a addon but you need to have the programs installed)

WinRAR addon builder

Windows Live Messenger addon builder

CCleaner addon

Edited by ricktendo64