[tool] addons2wpi converter

Hi! I'm baaaaaack.

I opened up one of these CAB files to find that it has a bunch of programs in it. I can see why it didn't work.

I have now bypassed addons2WPI and started dealing with WPI directly. I tried a few programs. Some of them would not save, and the others would not do a silent install. I guess I'm going to have to do further research.

Arnie

Edited by HowdyDoody

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How about just attaching the source to the first post in the project and other Delphi developers like myself can assist you with the conversion or add features.

Also will this tool work at converting true-addons that are executed using INF files?

• 8 months later...

Well its close to Jan 2010 and another version of WPI is released, the archive found out on the internet for this tool is corrupted, and no updates.

I still think this is a pretty useful tool to batch convert many AddOns and I have used Delphi.

I did locate the sourcecode at:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/?showtopic=4233

Or direct link to source here:

http://www.nunobrito.eu/files/addons2wpi-sourcecode.7z

But I would like the authors go ahead for others to modify source and start a new release thread when its updated to support new WPI version. Of course while giving credits to original author in post and in tools GUI.

There was no accompanying readme or license.txt in the source code, so this is why I am asking.

Also maybe the author has a TODO list or items that need fixing etc.

Maybe someone who has used this tool with new WPI version can post here as to whats broke (error messages), etc. I know I read somewhere that there are some issues using it in Vista.

Maybe someone can outline for me what has changed with the WPI format since this program was released as that will make it easier to update.

I have emailed orginal author of this tool to see if he responds.

Edited by jfcarbel