[tool] addons2wpi converter

Mmm. i was thinking of a new feature :)

Description Reading :)

Yes Description reading that is like this i just can't code it :(

Well i studied the source of this app a little and found a conclusion that it reads the .inis for what should it do :)

So somebody can only add the feature to read the description=Firefox field in the .inis

Because this app reads this :

[AddProgram]

Firefox2.exe -ms

to add a program into WPI so this can make it easier to even add descriptions :)

Mmm. i was thinking of a new feature :)

Description Reading :)

Yes Description reading that is like this i just can't code it :(

Well i studied the source of this app a little and found a conclusion that it reads the .inis for what should it do :)

So somebody can only add the feature to read the description=Firefox field in the .inis

Because this app reads this :

[AddProgram]

Firefox2.exe -ms

to add a program into WPI so this can make it easier to even add descriptions :)

• 2 weeks later...

i tried your tool but sadly it doesn't work for me.

the tool only unpacks cab-addons. no 7zip or rar. it doesn't copy the unpacked files to the wpi folder. it doesn't delete the temp content.

thats very sad because your tool would be absolutely useful.

maybe you could work on fixing those bugs?

and finally a suggestion for a new feature: the tool shouldn't close after it went through all addons.

thanks for your great affords!

Edited by Screeemer

• 2 weeks later...

I want to know if it is possible to only add setup files with this program, if not will it be possible in the near future?

I have a directory with about 200 setup files but it takes forever to add so much files.

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...
I want to know if it is possible to only add setup files with this program, if not will it be possible in the near future?

I have a directory with about 200 setup files but it takes forever to add so much files.

Thanx

Probably won't be added anywhere soon because I'm a bit busy with other projects but the source code is available.

Maybe someone is up to this task.

I tried to use addons2wpi, but I guess true addons are not supported?

Kels_ResourceHacker_V3.4.0.79_CPL_Addon

Ricks_CapOCR1.8.0.0_AddOn

Ricks_USD1.3.4.92_AddOn_80422

At the moment I only worked with nLite addons, as I mentioned above - I'm a bit busy to keep working on this tool but I would nevertheless like to have these addons you mention to use as base for testing in the future.

Would you please send them to my email box? [mail@nunobrito.eu]

Thanks.

:)

• 3 months later...

Long silence here.

I selected about 180 nLite addons and some "true" addons, applied this tool - addons2wpi, copied-pasted information about programs into config.js, perhaps collected png's. It was in the May end. And after 3 months after my illness deleted all WPI (constructed on addons2wpi basis) taking in mind that is old information but forgot about descriptions, graphics.

But I am writting because not of this. Because of the addons was compiled in aim to install programs through Windows unattended install. But problem is how many and which of addons should come to svcpack as hotfixes (M U S T H A V E) and what to leave for WPI to sellect by user.

Let's discuss about this - what should be left as addons and what should be came to WPI - while Nuno Brito and other programmers find solution for descritions. What you think?

Edited by stasys44

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, I am totally lost!

I created a bunch of .CAB files for nLite. I guess they are useless. I used addons2WPI, as I thought I was supposed to. They showed up in WPI and I ran WPI, but they all failed.

I deleted the WPI folder and then created it again. I followed the instructions without using addons2WPI. I got down to step 4 (Then click on any other section of the Config area to activate the rest of the wizard.).........nothing happened.

Please tell me where to go from here.

Thanks,

Arnie