(E:) Drive Takes Up 11Gb

mikey5194

Hey, well on my pc i have the (C:) drive as normal, but there is also an (E:) drive, which i dont use, it takes up 11Gb of my hard drive, and i only have a 20Gb hard drive (upgrading soon)

So i only have 9Gb that is useable!! and 7.5Gb is taken up by documents andprogtams, so i have no space AT ALL!!!

The drive represents that it is a flash drive, but is always there, and i dont own one.....

When you go and install something into there, it just puts it into the main (E:) folder and doesnt sort it into folders like it normally does on the (C:) drive.

has anyone got any tips on how i might be able to delete this drive?

Thanks.

Check menu Start/Settings/ControlPanel/AdministrativeTools/ComputerManagement/Storage/DiskManagement and tell us how and on what line ("Disk O"?) your E drive is described. Is the PC 2nd hand or installed by yourself ?

It is most likely a recovery partition for your computer. If you've got recovery CDs/DVDs that came with it, chances are it'd be safe to go ahead and format it, but MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU DO IT! If it didn't come with recovery disks, you could probably burn a few by booting into the partition (there should be an option when booting up your computer).

Thanks guys for all of your help, i have now made another partition and am using it for all of my games, games files and just generally all of my personal files.

Thanks for all of your help, i aprecciate it.

Thanks guys for all of your help, i have now made another partition and am using it for all of my games, games files and just generally all of my personal files.

Thanks for all of your help, i aprecciate it.

If you don't mind me asking, what was taking up the space?

So i only have 9Gb that is useable!! and 7.5Gb is taken up by documents andprogtams, so i have no space AT ALL!!!

So how did you manage to

i have now made another partition and am using it for all of my games, games files and just generally all of my personal files.

do this as well!

I am intregued!

:wacko: