maybe my last step, pls help

hi! i got time today to work on my vista setup but just now noone answered my post in the unattented.xml samples thread:

Hi there! First of all - fantastic samples!

Now my question - i couldnt solve the problem yet to run a simple batchfile after installation .. as i see some of thoose samples added a line with a batchfile, follow:

<FirstLogonCommands>
<SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<CommandLine>%SystemDrive%\install\GUIrunOnce.cmd</CommandLine>
<Description>customises settings</Description>
<Order>20</Order>
</SynchronousCommand>
</FirstLogonCommands>

OK here comes the question:

How do i copy the install-dir into the system-drive and how could i add the variable systemdrive - or does it work after i copied the directory to the sysdir?

You know .. i dont have alot of time to spend on my own Vista-DVD, thats why i dont want to get ride of WAIK, id rather use some own batchfiles to add updates and registrytweaks after installation, i think its the best solution because the implementation of updates and software dont works at all (many users reported problems on waik).

i hope someone could tell me how to copy a directory from the dvd, including sub-dirs and all files and tell me if it works with the batchfile-run-line in the unattented.xml lines ive posted in the code-tag up of my post.

And yes .. err .. what does the order-line means? why it counts 20?

i would be very happy if someone which knows what im asking for would help me.

thanks alot allready, a very interesting community, im sorry for myself that i cant spend alot of time into this, im very busy.

greets,

max

please help me to get ride of it now, i really just need to know how to get folders from the dvd copied onto the systemdrive and call a batchfile after .. without waik and other programs.

thanks!

greets,

max

Hi ppl, another idea.

How about to use a batchfile which will be started from the DVD?

Well, so it should be possible to copy some dirs from the DVD and start another batchfile from the hdd then ..

i will try that .. maybe someone else which searchs for this will be happy now.

And another question - i dont wanted to open an own post for it:

is it possible to install the vista sp1 silently with parameters? And could someone tell me a list of updates AFTER sp1? That would be very nice.

Thanks.

so long,

max

Hi ppl, another idea.

How about to use a batchfile which will be started from the DVD?

Well, so it should be possible to copy some dirs from the DVD and start another batchfile from the hdd then ..

i will try that .. maybe someone else which searchs for this will be happy now.

And another question - i dont wanted to open an own post for it:

is it possible to install the vista sp1 silently with parameters? And could someone tell me a list of updates AFTER sp1? That would be very nice.

Thanks.

so long,

max

cmd :

Windows6.0-KB936330-X86.exe /?

Edited by sp00f

i found out the parameters allready but thats not my primary problem, seems like the firstlogoncommands does not work for me, no batchfile will be started, not from the dvd and i dont know how to use the $oem$-way from XP to transfer files and dirs from the dvd directly while vista will be installed.

anyways, i will give up my idea again because i have no more time and thoose 2 days were really wasted time for me ..

greets,

max