Windows Vista Post - SP1 Updates

Hail from Greece!

I downloaded the windows vista sp1 iso and the new version of waik for windows vista sp1 and windows server 2008, i integrated about 500 hotfixes, ultimate extras etc and i made a clean install.

When i entered Control Panel\Installed Updates the only update shown was kb938371, kb937287, kb935509

i checked for automatic updates and it installed Dreamscene, Hold'em, BitBlocker and silverlight.

Does anybody know if i am able to integrate Dreamscene content packs(kb941236, kb931133) for example or i must wait for a new release for sp1?Vista sp1 includer the .net 2.0 sp1 framework update(kb110806)?

Hail from Greece!

I downloaded the windows vista sp1 iso and the new version of waik for windows vista sp1 and windows server 2008, i integrated about 500 hotfixes, ultimate extras etc and i made a clean install.

When i entered Control Panel\Installed Updates the only update shown was kb938371, kb937287, kb935509

i checked for automatic updates and it installed Dreamscene, Hold'em, BitBlocker and silverlight.

Does anybody know if i am able to integrate Dreamscene content packs(kb941236, kb931133) for example or i must wait for a new release for sp1?Vista sp1 includer the .net 2.0 sp1 framework update(kb110806)?

There is no reason at all to integrate those updates since SP1 includes them. The only one that is out to be installed after SP1 (at least in the comps im working with) is the malware removal tool of march.

About the Ultimate Extras i already integrate them but i haven't had the time to try the installation to see if they get installed right. With Silverlight, you can install it using silent switches in the same way you are installing your applications.

• 2 weeks later...

it is a hard work to be done but i will check my 566 list hotfixes on my hard disk and the datasheet from microsoft that contains all the fixes already integrated in sp1 and i will post those not included.

you could do that, but remember that mos t of the hotfixes are for very particular issues.

i have installed the new images of SP1 and there is not one single update to be downloaded in any of them but the March release of the Malware Removal Tool.