Time For A New Processor, Finally..

mikey5194

Right, I have a Dell L933r, Win xp. And I really dont like it. It has an unusually small case. Handy, yes. Good for me, no. It is VERY annoying, it doesnt have an extended slot for The GC, so you have to use the stock one, which isnt very good. Only 2 Ram slots. I wish my other pc worked, So bad. :realmad:

So, i got my other pc, which doesnt work, well does, but doesnt. Long story. so i unclipped the heat sink, and there was the processor, in this computer was a AMD Athlon 1.5Ghz, i was very happy from my finding. But when I did the same to my Dell, And tried to swap the processors, the slots were different. once again, the big man had taken another massive dump on my head.

So, is there any way that i can get an AMD processor for the type of slot i have? Just tell me if you may need pictures and more info, Thanks.

Oh and by the way, I'm only 14. =D

Edited by mikey5194

Hardware section. And show us the slot.

One picture of the motherboard slot, and another of the CPU you pulled out. Does it have some kind of adaptor?

Otherwise you are trying to put a CPU in a board that was designed for another generation.