Vista X64

EaglePC

hello maybe someone can help?

My System:CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

CPU Stepping G0

Motherboard Name Asus P5E

BIOS Version 0502

Memory Module 4GIG G Skill F2-8000CL5-2GBPQ

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (640 MB)

Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L

Hard Drive ST3250620AS

Vista x64 Ultimate is very slow took over an hour to install and runs like a P1 Computer

Bought from newegg and i did get the update SP1 which took me over 1hour in a half to download.... :realmad:

mine is almost identical and X64 installed in no less than 20 mins. check your Media or the drive itself, it has to be the cause. If not run memtest 86+ and windows memory diagnostics and see what they pickup

mine is almost identical and X64 installed in no less than 20 mins. check your Media or the drive itself, it has to be the cause. If not run memtest 86+ and windows memory diagnostics and see what they pickup

my dvd is Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L which is sata port 3 and my 2 hard drive is sata 1 and 2 useing achi

should i turn off achi ? and mem map in bios i have 4 gig of ram you have a p5e mb ? my bios is 0502 latest

Edited by EaglePC

my dvd is Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L which is sata port 3 and my 2 hard drive is sata 1 and 2 useing achi

should i turn off achi ? and mem map in bios i have 4 gig of ram you have a p5e mb ? my bios is 0502 latest

I have a Lite-on SATA DVD drive that it takes about 5 minutes for the original boot off the Vista DVD. After that though I have no issues with installing or performance. I know this does not help but just wanted to share that at least in my case the Lite-On drive doesn't perform well during install.