Email services in WS2008

Bad boy Warrior

It was removed in Server 2008 completely, you didn't miss it. I'm not sure why this was done, but I'm guessing it cannibalized sales of Exchange. I can't think of any other reason.

It was removed in Server 2008 completely, you didn't miss it. I'm not sure why this was done, but I'm guessing it cannibalized sales of Exchange. I can't think of any other reason.

Ohhhh :realmad: this feature was very useful. Any other freebies of such sort around? and how does IIS SMTP work in terms of sending emails (internally only)

Thanks

Ohhhh :realmad: this feature was very useful. Any other freebies of such sort around? and how does IIS SMTP work in terms of sending emails (internally only)

It's only a relay, so you still need a mail server. There are free ones I can think of, but I've always used a linux box for a quick and dirty mailserver when Exchange wasn't required (I usually use Open Xchange in this scenario if I have the hardware).

Any other freebies of such sort around?

Give this a shot.

http://www.smartertools.com/Products/Smart...l/Features.aspx

I have not used it personally, but it has been mentioned to me on more than one occassion. The only reason I haven't tried it yet is that I haven't had the need to. The feature list is pretty extensive though. The free version only allows one domain but that's all most people need.

• 2 months later...