Do you own a website(s)?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a website(s)?

• Yes
    • Many of them
    • No
    • Have one but don't care for one

• 1 month later...

You've got a nice site, computerMan. How long are your forums going to be offline? :P

Lol, I dont have a clue.. Right now I dont know what to do to be honest.. I keep thinking my site is crap but people seem to like it. I like my blog and its like a website, pretty much :P But Just been having second thoughts lately if I should install a new theme or not.

• 3 weeks later...
You've got a nice site, computerMan. How long are your forums going to be offline? :P

Well there back up now, but I'm thinking shut down the forums and get rid of it. No point really. I rather be here.. You know?

No point really. I rather be here.. You know?

And that's precisely why I don't have one :)

Too much work to write articles on a "standard" site (so it's worth visiting in the first place) and blogging ain't my thing much (99.9999999999% of blogs are a waste of time anyways). As for making yet another forum, it's much the same. Nearly nobody would visit, they'd have to register to yet another site, and all that to ultimately talk about the same things than we do here... And then you're left with the bills (name, hosting, etc), and all the admin too (backups, upgrading, moderate forums, get rid of spam, etc). No point.

No point really. I rather be here.. You know?

And that's precisely why I don't have one :)

Too much work to write articles on a "standard" site (so it's worth visiting in the first place) and blogging ain't my thing much (99.9999999999% of blogs are a waste of time anyways). As for making yet another forum, it's much the same. Nearly nobody would visit, they'd have to register to yet another site, and all that to ultimately talk about the same things than we do here... And then you're left with the bills (name, hosting, etc), and all the admin too (backups, upgrading, moderate forums, get rid of spam, etc). No point.

Yeah thats why I am thinking to get rid of it and keep my nerwin.net :) Its my personal site and I love it. I don't mind blogging. Its just a personal site you know? Easy to update. and I get almost 100+ views a day and its rasing so Yeah. But Yeah, forums gotta go. Its nice to have a terabyte of online storage :)

I don't mind blogging.

They say there's 2 new blogs created every second (that's a lot of depressed emo kids and people posting pictures of their cat). That's why I'm saying I don't really care. I just don't see how yet another blog would really change anything, and with all these blogs, it gets exponentially harder to find anything worthwhile, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. (not referring to yours, didn't look)

And there's already so many interesting ones out there on every subject... Tons of developer's blogs (loads of nice ones even just on MSDN), some for admins, others for different subjects (electronics/embedded work, tech news, cooking, photography, etc). Enough that I already have a hard time keeping up with it all. I just fail to see what mine would add to the overall picture.

Its nice to have a terabyte of online storage :)

A few years ago I could have used some online storage for sure, but nowadays, I just don't have a need for that anymore, between openvpn for access to my own stuff and the dozens of sites like rapidshare/megaupload/etc I got all my needs covered.

Edited by crahak

I don't mind blogging.

They say there's 2 new blogs created every second (that's a lot of depressed emo kids and people posting pictures of their cat). That's why I'm saying I don't really care. I just don't see how yet another blog would really change anything, and with all these blogs, it gets exponentially harder to find anything worthwhile, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. (not referring to yours, didn't look)

And there's already so many interesting ones out there on every subject... Tons of developer's blogs (loads of nice ones even just on MSDN), some for admins, others for different subjects (electronics/embedded work, photography, etc). Enough that I already have a hard time keeping up with it all. I just fail to see what mine would add to the overall picture.

Its nice to have a terabyte of online storage :)

A few years ago I could have used some online storage for sure, but nowadays, I just don't have a need for that anymore, between openvpn for access to my own stuff and the dozens of sites like rapidshare/megaupload/etc I got all my needs covered.

Yeah you're right, The only reason why I really went with wordpress (or blog) is because its easy and can serve as a website really well.

I had my domain for a year and I still don't know what I'm going to do.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've got numerous Domains and have several pointing to my main website. At present, I only have two sites that are running autonomously...

My radio station site, Coronal Winds Radio. This site is currently being updated with new broadcasting software and music format... so for now it's on automatic playing my OLD music format. The webpage still reflects the old music info. The new music format will be exclusively Deep Space and Electronic Ambient music.

The other site is my Christian website RoadToBetterLiving which is a personal ministry topical website specifically designed for those who have traveled a similar road in life as me. :whistle:

Both sites are an ongoing work in progress and I have many improvements and plans for both in the near future. :rolleyes:

Take care,

Dennis