Questions about v. 4.7

dirkthedog

I installed the latest version of XPize 4.6 b2 with no problems. I really like the Royale Black theme and seemed to have few problems.

Then I wanted to utilize the Microsoft Update site and install the last last update set from Microsoft for my OS (Win Xp SP2), but Microsoft identified my computer as a MACINTOSH!! :realmad: I had to uninstall XPize and reinstall it when I was done with the update site. Now I am always told that files need to be reloaded, anywhere from 1 to 104 files! I have read other threads and realize that this problem is caused by windows trying to "fix" my files after I change them and it can be ignored by turning off the reloader. Someone said to install XPize 4.6 b1 over b2 and only load the shell32.dll, but I can't find a copy of that file.

Is it OK to just not reload the files, or should I try to find the problem file and fix it?

Why does Microsoft think I am using a Macintosh? How can I avoid uninstalling XPize just so I can visit update.microsoft.com? Is it possible to "turn off" XPize without uninstalling it?

Thanks for any insight into this issue.

Diane

Edited by dirkthedog

I know that and will not be fixed. XPize is being redone from scratch.

Will the XPize redo, include an option to have a black based theme installed, such as DarkSide? Or will we still need to install DarkSide, for that...

Edited by mr_sepia_tone

I know that and will not be fixed. XPize is being redone from scratch.

Will the XPize redo, include an option to have a black based theme installed, such as DarkSide? Or will we still need to install DarkSide, for that...

You will need Darkside for that.

Oh boy, that's annoying. :no: Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Darkside now. When the redo is finished, will Darkside be new too?

Also, does the auto update feature from Microsoft still work at least? As long as I get the regular updates, I'm not going to worry about it.