Retail XP Pro CD, OEM Pro Key, can it work?

enemyphoenix

I have a laptop that my grandparents pulled out of a dumpster. It's been treated pretty badly, it has a broken screen latch, one of the usb ports is bent, the battery is missing and the screen has an almost full column of dead pixels, but other than that it's actually a nice toshiba laptop. I want get it flattened and reinstalled for my girlfriend to get on the internet since the other computer I built for her recently fried and now she has to use my computer to get onto myspace (ewww). I have a Windows XP Pro Retail cd and the laptop has a Windows XP Pro OEM code. Will nLite allow me to get it running with the retail cd?

Edited by enemyphoenix

Something related to this topic, so can I change the retail CD to accept an OEM key?

Because I have a retail CD for my desktop while I have an OEM CD for my laptop, I was thinking of creating a single unattended CD so I can use for both. Instead of slipstreaming & integrating whatever addons twice, can I create 1 updated Retail CD using my retail copy then copy those OEMBIOS files & changing the setupp.ini to create the updated OEM CD?

Will it work or is it illegal to do so?

Oh I am sure it is illegal in some way...

You can easily create the same cd using different sources right

If you want only 1 CD it is possible but you would have to look elseware..