Recognize this icon and RECIEVE A REWARD!

escanive

Edit: post1808481204939959wl8.gif (Uploaded image so that those who don't have an account at msfn can see the image too)

dA visitors: If you followed a link in my signature or from my journal and recongnize this icon, please leave a comment on my dA-account

Edit 2: WHOEVER IS THE FIRST ONE TO IDENTIFY THIS PROGRAM WILL RECIEVE AN AWARD: I will make a picture for you. You choose theme, style and content. It can be anything from signatures and avatars to wallpapers etc.

I have attached the icon of a neat program that I used a lot some years ago (see above). At that time, I used to extract the icons from all programs that I had. I still have the icon, but that is also all I have left. I think the program was called something like QuickTools. The program sat on the tray, and when clicked on you could select from a wide variety of options. If I'm not mistaken, it could amongst other things be used as a color picker. If you know the program, please tell me where I can find it - it has been bothering me for a long time that I didn't save the installation file as it was a very useful program. I know that the program was released as freeware, and I guess it would go into the category "System Utilities" (or perhaps "Miscellaneous Utilities"). Despite hours of desperate Googling (okay, maybe that was exaggerating it a bit, but you get the point), I have not been able to find it.

****, sometimes I really wish that it was possible to search for an image on the web that is similar to one you have on your hard drive.

post-180848-1204939959_thumb.gif

Edited by escanive

Might be a silly question, but.....

Can you right click on it, and find out where it is pointing to??

It may still point to the original folder in properties.

Wild guess, but it might work.

What I have done is that I have used Resource Hacker, extracted the icon, converted it to gif and renamed it, so I don't think there are any references to the application in the icon.

• 2 weeks later...
when you resource-hacked to extract the icon, upon saving it, what YEAR is attached to it...

that'll, i guess, at least tell us how OLD of a software we might be looking for...

5. september 2004, 15:36:34. I believe I got the app from a computer magazine from the same year (most likely PC Utilities or PC Format), but I haven't been able to find it on any of my CD's... guess I've lost the CD.

Edit: I have also searched the PC Utilities website without any luck...

Edited by escanive

dm29 found the icon on this website. I have sent them this e-mail:

Hi,

A friend of mine tipped me about the page http://www.metrokc.gov/health/locations/kentteen.htm because the Quick Kit icon you are using happens to be the same as that one of a program I long have searched for. Can you please tell me where you found the icon? I will be very greatful if you can.

Regards,

[Name removed]

[e-mail removed]@gmail.com

If they can tell me what program it comes from, dm29 will recieve the reward. Edited by escanive