how to get back windows defender?

amit_talkin

Hello ,

i have removed windows defender from original vista copy. now whn i try to install sp1 on it, it shows me an error because of this removed component. i have successfully collected all missing files, now there is only defender service is missing, which must to be started before i launch defender. can anyone tell me how to get back removed defender ( and any other missing services too ) service?

AMIT

thnx for ur reply Dino,

i have read tht topic on vlite.net. i havent removed anything else except defender from system. i have tried to get back all possible files and registry of windows defender. now i just missing service to start defender.If u can suggest me something to try, it will be gr8. :)

AMIT

thnx for ur reply Dino,

i have read tht topic on vlite.net. i havent removed anything else except defender from system. i have tried to get back all possible files and registry of windows defender. now i just missing service to start defender.If u can suggest me something to try, it will be gr8. :)

AMIT

Did you add this to the registry?

Defender.reg

thnx for ur reply Dino,

AMIT

Did you add this to the registry?

actually i am outside this time. i had collected many registry entries, so i m not sure i have added this or not. i will check it out and will reply u soon.

thnx for the info. btw :)

AMIT

sorry for late reply.

it is giving me error as shown below.

1. When i click on "Start" button of Windows Defender service in services menu. it shows me following error

031347d91b06d24a1.jpg

2.When i right click on Windows Defender service and click on properties, it shows me following error

031347d91b74c0a11.jpg

any help?

AMIT

any help plz!

The only thing that I can think of is the reg file I gave you is from 64 bit Vista. Maybe someone will post the equivalent from 32 bit Vista.

i have seen tht reg file on many sites. all are same.