nLite 1.4.9.1 - Honey Turbo 9.1

nuhi

Hello :)

I'm trying nLite 1.4.9(.1) after a long time I didn't use it (version 1.3) and I use Windows MCE (2002 version) SP2 Italian version.

If I integrate SP3 nLite doesn't read anymore some options from Lastsession.ini, so I have to set them again.

In the "Unattended page" these options are:

- Users page is set by default (no more User account with my name, no more Blank password, etc..)

- Regional Timezone is blank

- also Display options are set by default

In the "Options page" the only options I changed were: disable "Press any key" boot message (and it became enabled), Maximum unfinished simultaneous connections (TCP/IP patch) and Unsigned theme support; maybe also the other options could change but I haven't tried..

I've tried again the same without SP3 and there are no problems

sp3 cant be integrated over mce sp2. microsoft build it that way.

Outbreaker, yup that is the SFC "problem". So far it is unknown to me how to filter that out. If you disable SFC it will be cleaned of course.
Is this any help?
KB941602 Veritas® LDM diagnostic utility 5.2.3790.4235

This installs on manual install. Not really needed, not many of us has 1024 volumes or more on computer xD

I didn't even know you could have more than 26 [i'm assuming volumes is the same as partitions?].

Alien42:

Well you can, but you have to realize at some point you are looking at having to use different things in order to access a volume then just a simple character (by that i mean like dir c:\)

How to create and use NTFS mounted drives in Windows XP and in Windows Server 2003

I'm sure there are many work arounds on this subject, but that is the general idea, described in link given, i think. I'm no expert in that subject for the record =)

btw do u have removal for windows cardspace, going to check it, downloading new version.

That is part of .Net 3 and removable in vLite (Vista), does not exist in XP/2k3 by default. If not visible it is WCF component, try vlite -extreme switch.

FYI, there is a "lite" version of the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (latest version, which includes 3.5 SP1, 3.0 SP2 e 2.0 SP2), called Client Profile.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/a...oymentGuide.htm

The Client Profile will install only the necessary files to run applications build with .NET Frameworks, without bloating systems.

.NET Framework development tools like Visual Studio, will not function on .NET Framework Client Profile.

Developers will need to install full .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1.

Download from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

I hope this will be useful to someone :hello:

I hope this will be useful to someone :hello:

Thank you for the information, it's very (potentially) useful. Potentially because:

- the link you posted is a web installer. As they call it, the .NET Framework Client Profile “offline” redistributable package still weighs 255.6 MB (the link is in your first link). I can't see if the web installer is sufficient. (Tried to read it all, but my eyes hurt).

- it can't be installed on Server.

- 'PREVIEW' sounds like it's not even alpha.

But at least they admit something is wrong with their bloat. :sneaky:

About the cardspace: it's available as separate download for XP. Why would someone want to put shackles on him/herself voluntarilly is beyond me, but it's their right. And as we know, Microsoft loves to digitally manage rights. :P

GL

With both new versions of the download when I try to install it in Win2000, it pops a DOS cmd window and issues the following:

Event Source: Application Popup

Event Category: None

Event ID: 26

Date: 9/11/2008

Time: 12:19:25 PM

Application popup: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem : C:\DOCUME~1\FABIAN~1\Desktop\NLITE-~1.EXE

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.

CS:054b IP:0207 OP:63 6f 6e 74 65 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Also, I am unable to download with even "Save as" via IE6. I can only do it in NS7.

Hi,

use nLite to include in Windows XP source a file entries.ini. This file contain registry tweaks of format inf that are additional to file NLITE.IN_. During the integration of the file entries.ini, all the folders on the desktop are copied inside the i386 folder of the source. It's normal?

Cheers :hello:

Hi,

use nLite to include in Windows XP source a file entries.ini. This file contain registry tweaks of format inf that are additional to file NLITE.IN_. During the integration of the file entries.ini, all the folders on the desktop are copied inside the i386 folder of the source. It's normal?

Cheers :hello:

No this is not normal, make sure you archive your entries.ini and integrate the zip, cab, rar or 7zip instead of the ini

Little Bug

If your write in RunOnce:

%Source%\Bla\Bla

Then nLite makes if Batch is started:

%Source%\\Bla\Bla

No bug here. This is normal. This variable already contain backslash. So your path need to looks like:

%Source%Bla\Bla

This is done because in some cases this variable would not mean anything without backslash. Example is with drives. For example if you DVD drive is assigned to letter F, you will not never type F: to access it, you will always type:

F:\

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

No this is not normal, make sure you archive your entries.ini and integrate the zip, cab, rar or 7zip instead of the ini

Hi Ricks and thank you for having responded.

I had already tried to compress the file entries.ini, but the folders were copied to the same. I did some testing and I think I have solved the problem. Everything depends on the location of the file entries that should not be on your desktop, anywhere, but not on the desktop.

Thanks again... :D

Bye

Little Bug

If your write in RunOnce:

%Source%BlaBla

Then nLite makes if Batch is started:

%Source%BlaBla

No bug here. This is normal. This variable already contain backslash. So your path need to looks like:

%Source%BlaBla

This is done because in some cases this variable would not mean anything without backslash. Example is with drives. For example if you DVD drive is assigned to letter F, you will not never type F: to access it, you will always type:

F:\

Strange, it works fine for me. I have this entry in my RunOnce:

%SOURCE%\Batch\makefolders.bat

and it works fine.

Nuhi, got a bunch of feature requests for you & a few suggestions for improvement.

1. Although I don't use IE [or to be more exact, Maxthon] as much as I used to, 1 thing that annoys me is I sometimes find myself clicking the E-mail Picture entry on the context menu for images instead of Save Picture As. In XP32 I was able to disable the menu entry [but not remove it - clicking it just had no result] with the following command:

regsvr32 /s /u sendmail.dll

But this doesn't seem to work in XP64. I've also tried Nirsoft's ShellExView, which doesn't do it either. Any ideas on disabling this?

2. On the import screen in nLite it would be better if the date format could match that of the system it's being run on.

3. Please allow setting of user specified homepage, beyond just nLite homepage, Google, or about:blank.

4. Disable desktop cleanup:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\CleanupWiz]
"NoRun"=dword:00000001

5. nLite sets user variables for temp folder, but doesn't set them for system variables in the bottom part of the environment variables window, that can be fixed quite easily, for example:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]
"TEMP"="C:\\Temp"
"TMP"="C:\\Temp"

6. Options to set location of temporary internet files & cookies folder [hivedef.inf], for example:

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_CACHE="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Temporary Internet Files"
U_SHELL_FOLDERS_COOKIES="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Cookies"

7. Option to turn off notification about automatic updates in security centre.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
"UpdatesDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

8. remove IE & OE links from pinned section of start menu

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu]
"{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
"{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"=dword:00000001
"{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000001

9. option to display quicklaunch folder on taskbar by default.

10. option to set taskbar to double-height.

11. individual selection of games & internet games, as in which ones to install or not.

12. Folder options:

Single click to open file

underline files when I point to them

turn off remember each folder's view settings

13. selection of which screensavers to install, which 1 to set as default, & time limit setting.

14. Is there any way to seperate Infrared hardware support from Bluetooth? At the moment it says that Infrared support is needed for Bluetooth.

15. Why does an update for windows agent show up if agent was removed?

enable tweak "use small icons in start panel"

is supposed to set key :

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced","Start_LargeIcons",0x00010001,0

This key does not exist even when enabled large icons everywhere, start menu and desktop..

The second part of this tweak , Start_LargeMFUIcons, DOES exist. I confirmed this with a clean xp 64 sp2 source.

edit found another error in "Disable DNS Failure cache" tweak

HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache\Parameters","NegativeCacheTime",0x00010001,0

HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache\Parameters","NetFailureCacheTime ",0x00010001,0

HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache\Parameters","NegativeSOACacheTime ",0x00010001,0

The errors are "NetFailureCacheTime " and "NegativeSOACacheTime " , as one can see there's an empty space at the end.

edit2: Add Administrative tools menu tweak

this tweak sets

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced","StartMenuAdminTools",0x00010001,1

this key uses YES or NO. not 1 or 0. Also confirmed with clean source.

edit3: disable Outlook express link creation still leaves these two keys to be done.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}]

"StubPath"=hex(2):00,00

and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}]

"StubPath"=hex(2):00,00

As one can see i removed the values already.

Tweak : disable media player 6.4 created bookmarks x64 part missing:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95}]

In windows media player tweaks:

Enhanced privacy settings tweak sets "UpgradeCodecPrompt"=dword:00000001 and

disable automatic codec download sets "UpgradeCodecPrompt"=dword:00000000, so one of them would cancel the other one out..

Many of the tweaks doesnt do the x64 part such as My Computer\"Remove Shared Documents" tweak

leaves HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee} to also be deleted.

Edited by TranceEnergy