nLite 1.4.9.1 - Honey Turbo 9.1

nuhi

Kirby, for your information, below is a screenshot of my nLite'd system, you will note that a considerable number of services have been removed/disabled, yet wireless networking is working correctly.

clipboard01ao2.th.png

Cheers,

James

x

you use wifihopper to scan for networks.....I don't. If you want to use Window's wifi-scanner, then don't remove those 2 services. As I said (for the 3rd time already), internet connections will still work as long as you input the SSID name of the router manually.

silent update to 1.4.5.4! ;)

Vista Key issue fix?

Yeah, the specific fixes are:

- Slipstream update.exe directly (when you extract SP)

- Slipstream XP SP3 into XP RTM (SP0) under Vista, CDKey issue

Both of them rare so better be silent and deadly.

Hm, i am pretty sure that i still have the CDKey issue.

My host OS where i run nLite is Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I used nLite version 1.4.5.1. (downloaded today)

I am trying to make a nLited version of XP 64bit SP2 and the ISO i am using as a base is "XP Professional x64 Edition", SP2, (version 5.2.3790.3959)

Am i doing something wrong or does the issue still exist? Thanks for any help. Regards.

silent update to 1.4.5.4! ;)

Vista Key issue fix?

Yeah, the specific fixes are:

- Slipstream update.exe directly (when you extract SP)

- Slipstream XP SP3 into XP RTM (SP0) under Vista, CDKey issue

Both of them rare so better be silent and deadly.

Hm, i am pretty sure that i still have the CDKey issue.

My host OS where i run nLite is Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I used nLite version 1.4.5.1. (downloaded today)

I am trying to make a nLited version of XP 64bit SP2 and the ISO i am using as a base is "XP Professional x64 Edition", SP2, (version 5.2.3790.3959)

Am i doing something wrong or does the issue still exist? Thanks for any help. Regards.

Like nuhi said here, please re-download nLite and build a system from scratch.

here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsxp/cc164204.aspx

"...General Requirements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To install SP3, your computer must meet the hardware and operating system requirements listed below. In addition, your computer must at least be running Windows XP with Service Pack 1 installed.

We recommended that you have Service Pack 2 installed before installing SP3."

EDIT

WBEM problems fixed in 1.4.5.5

Checked and it works properly now.

Old post;

@nuhi

Look here

http://www.msfn.org/board/RELEASE-Boooggy-...html&st=460

The problem is also in nLite 1.4.5.4

I didn't make any more test with nLite, but if you didn't modify any other files you will also have errors logged in

c:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\setup.log

-----------

ENGLISH wbemoc.inf file with proper fix

http://www.msfn.org/board/post-a22011-wbemoc.zip

Use it after nlite 1.4.5.

Edited by anonim1979

I did download the latest version just yesterday evening, version 1.4.5.4. I downloaded this exact same version (1.4.5.4) a couple of days back too but i noticed yesterday that the executable nlite.exe had a slightly different filesize. I already build a system from scratch yesterday evening with the latest version of nLite but i still have the CDKey issue.

The 'old' CDKey issue was with running nLite on a Vista machine and creating an image for XP 32bit with SP3, but i want to create a XP 64bit SP2 (there is no SP3 for XP 64bit).

I am afraid that this is the reason that i still have the CDKey issue?

I don't know if this is relevant, but since there is an admitted problem slipstreaming SP3 into XP on a Vista machine (http://www.msfn.org/comments.php?shownews=22398) and this seems to be an issue with nLite sometimes, the solution I found for the slipstream problem might help. What the article didn't mention is that running the integration under compaibility mode for XP seems to work fine - at least it did for me under Vista in a VM. Have you tried running nLite in compatibility mode? I haven't yet played with 64-bit Vista, so I can't say either way, but it's worth a shot.

Using 1.4.5.5 now and got a regression I noticed with an previous build where some services are set to disabled but post-setup are still set to automatic. This applied to the 'Cryptographic Services' and 'Task Scheduler' services.

[services2]

CryptSvc,4

Schedule,4

Like MS said everywhere, SP3 is ONLY for x86, NOT x64. There is NO SP3 for "XP x64".

Like MS said everywhere, SP3 is ONLY for x86, NOT x64. There is NO SP3 for "XP x64".

I knew there is no SP3 for "XP x64". I never said i was trying SP3, i want SP2. Nevermind.

Anyway, any news on what is fixed in 1.4.5.5??

Tonight i might have some time to see if it fixes my problem. Am very curious.

Just tried version 1.4.5.5 with Compatibilty mode XP SP2. Used an old session (is this okay?) and created a new image. My problem with the CD key is still there when creating a XP x64 SP2 image under Vista Ultimate x64.