nLite 1.4.9.1 - Honey Turbo 9.1

nuhi

I have some problems to integrate SP3 (Russian) to Win XP Pro SP2 Russian.. Can i do it, or I should start from win xp without any sp? After installation my xp is SP2? Thank you for nlite,Nuhi, you are doing a really good job.

I tried to nlite IE7 to Windows XP SP3.

I get repeated restarts when installing.

Also I have noticed that txtsetup .sif seems smaller after running nlite. Dunno if that has any significance.

EDIT: Does uxtheme and other .dll patching works for SP3 based XP as well?

can u plese attach your nlite preset?

and patching works fine

Glad to here about patching.

By nlite preset you mean the log file?

Everything integrates ok, but after i make .iso and install, during install restart loop occurs (after 1st restart)

Hoewer I was using older version of nlite. Have downloaded latest ver. and will try again

Hi Nuhi!

I'm using Windows XP SP3 with nLite 1.4.5 beta 2 and it doesn't slipstreams cumulative hotfix KB947864 for IE7 and XMLite (KB915865) which is part of SP3 in default.

Speti

Edited by torospeter

Hi Guys,

I've got also the problem with the ie7 hotfix kb947864.

I slipstreamed XP-SP3 with IE7 and WMP11.

It works fine, but I always get notified about the update kb947864 and its installation fails.

When I downloaded manually and ran setup, I got the message that the patch isn't compatible with my system.

I think the problem is, that this update is already included in sp3, so patch is not made for XP-SP3 and fails to install.

The IE7 I seems to be not patched with sp3, because it is slipstreamed, but I cannot install the patch because of the OS-Version Check of the Update.

Including the patch to the nlite-cd could solve the problem, but I don't have the facilities to test this idea. :(

Edited by piecko

Hi Guys,

It works fine, but I always get notified about the update kb947864 and its installation fails.

When I downloaded manually and ran setup, I got the message that the patch isn't compatible with my system.

I think the problem is, that this update is already included in sp3, so patch is not made for XP-SP3 and fails to install.

The IE7 I seems to be not patched with sp3, because it is slipstreamed, but I cannot install the patch because of the OS-Version Check of the Update.

Including the patch to the nlite-cd could solve the problem, but I don't have the facilities to test this idea. :(

"Windows XP SP3 does not include Windows Internet Explorer 7,

although Windows XP SP3 does include updates to both Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7, and it

will update whichever version is installed on the computer."

..from the "Overview of Windows XP Service Pack 3" available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

It is a good read and contains the answers to pretty much everything one requires. I use OnePiece's "OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.1.1_ENU" with no errors.

Final version is released, had to rush the SP3 Slipstream under Vista fix, too many reports of the same.

Going to read your reports these days, thank you.

can you just clear up one thing for me nuhi, was the slipstreaming in vista an nlite only issue? ie, if i slipstreamed manually in vista (xp sp3 into xp gold) it should be fine yes?

Hi Guys,

"Windows XP SP3 does not include Windows Internet Explorer 7,

although Windows XP SP3 does include updates to both Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7, and it

will update whichever version is installed on the computer."

..from the "Overview of Windows XP Service Pack 3" available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

It is a good read and contains the answers to pretty much everything one requires. I use OnePiece's "OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.1.1_ENU" with no errors.

Hi RickSteele,

like I rode, I slipstreamed SP3, IE7 and WMP11 into my XP-SP2.

And, yes SP3 contains the update, but when I slipstream the IE7 into my XP-CD with SP3, it does not apply this update to my IE7.

I tried to evade the OS-Check of the KB947864 to get installed into my not updated IE7 under XP-SP3, but then the integrity-check fails. I think I have to wait, until the next cumulative IE7 update comes up ;-)

I can just recommend everybody to include the KB947864 into your nlite-XP-SP3-CD, if you also include IE7, to have a workaround for this problem.

I cannot use the OnePiece thing, because I need my IE7 and the updates in german.

Thanks for your help

Edited by piecko

anonymous_user, I guess, if I find anything useless. Let me know if you have something listed.

bledd, nope, it is MS issue. It is known all over the net.

Big Thanks @ nuhi! :thumbup

Only one question:

The build nr from the 1.4.5Final is 1.4.5.3 the previously 1.4.5 Beta2 was 1.4.5.1.

Are the fixing of the Vista issue the only Change?