Nod32 v3 Offline

So here is the thing. I installed eset smart security on 10 work computers but as we all know this programme looks for its update almost every hour ,i think ..

So what im tryin to do know is to keep it readin up to date, although its not, maily because we dont have internet on work . So im going to try something to see if it works so for you older heads who may have a lil experience, feel free to shed light on the matter..

ok, so i downloaded the updates to a flash drive , updates till march 4th that is, i created a folder on the system in work and put the update files there, then i copied a link to the files and added it as a server, so nod will now look to that specified drive for updates, so far its reading up to date, so what do you guys think ? would it work ?

or is there anything i should also do ? should i change how it updates , wheather it is after a dial up connec is present or every hour, or should i just leave them as default ?

THanks in advance

There have been many articles written about it, hopefully one of them will help:

http://www.aalaap.com/2007/09/manually-upd...32-offline.html

or try this

Simply follow these instructions to update your of NOD32

1. Download nodupdate.zip from http://www.nod32.jp/irda/

2. Extract the contents to any folder on your computer.

3. Open up the NOD32 Control Center by clicking on the system tray icon.

4. Open the "Update" screen and click on "Setup".

5. Click on "Servers" and click "Add".

6. Type the path of the folder with update files. Click OK. A new server is added to the dropdown list.

7. Select the new server (folder path) as the update server.

8. Back at the update screen, click "Update now".

9. After a brief pause, your NOD32 should be updated.

Travis i already have that link,

but im not going to keep these always up to date, im not being payed for that, so i just want to keep the icon green in the task bar an eliminate any lil pop ups that will be displayed cus of it being out of date, an when im ready i can always addd more updates to the folder

• 1 month later...
So here is the thing. I installed eset smart security on 10 work computers but as we all know this programme looks for its update almost every hour ,i think ..

So what im tryin to do know is to keep it readin up to date, although its not, maily because we dont have internet on work . So im going to try something to see if it works so for you older heads who may have a lil experience, feel free to shed light on the matter..

ok, so i downloaded the updates to a flash drive , updates till march 4th that is, i created a folder on the system in work and put the update files there, then i copied a link to the files and added it as a server, so nod will now look to that specified drive for updates, so far its reading up to date, so what do you guys think ? would it work ?

or is there anything i should also do ? should i change how it updates , wheather it is after a dial up connec is present or every hour, or should i just leave them as default ?

THanks in advance

look at Link Removed