[Tutorial] Graphical Bootmenu

HJW

Hi Folks,

To share some of my knowledge concerning unattended projects I decided to release some tutorials. This is the first one have fun reading, hopefully you can learn something from it :thumbup

logoqe6.png

previewvj6.jpg

Tutorial and example config file attached to this post use 7zip to open archive.

download v1.0

HJW

Edited by HJW

That is a very well put together tutorial HJW! :thumbup

Very nice. I may use some of these ideas when I code the next release of Windows XP PowerPacker. :D

a question...

Are there any issues with any computers displaying graphic menus that you know of? I mean like older computers or something.

It would be awsome if maybe you can help me put together a new boot menu system for powerPacker. ;) I'm sure we could code it in a way where people can easily share themes and stuff.

That is a very well put together tutorial HJW! :thumbup

Very nice. I may use some of these ideas when I code the next release of Windows XP PowerPacker. :D

a question...

Are there any issues with any computers displaying graphic menus that you know of? I mean like older computers or something.

It would be awsome if maybe you can help me put together a new boot menu system for powerPacker. ;) I'm sure we could code it in a way where people can easily share themes and stuff.

Thanks,

Your question; very old computers that don't support VGAmode by cdshell will receive an error. I assume you guys are running 'modern' machines nowadays ;).

HJW

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi HJW just want to thank you for your great tutorial. BTW is this can be used together with Hiren BootCD? Can you help me? Just want to have a nlited windows xp sp3 setup files and hiren bootcd. To which I can select from a dos menu upon booting what particular task I want. And burn the iso to cd. Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...