[Release] XPize.NET 0.1 ALPHA

XPero

just installed it on VM, all went fine, only thing i have noticed so far is the restart button after the patch didnt work.

obviosuly more will come like themes etc?

great start though!

• 1 month later...

If you can combine everything from XPize 4.6 Final, XPize 4.7 Beta 2 and this Alpha version, into ONE package, i think you should get the most out of it :)

When i integrated SP3 into my Windows XP SP2 disc, i integrated these three packages as a hotfix after the SP3 integration (Using nLite, last edition, 1.4.5 final), and i installed it without any problems, and everything came with it without any problems at all :D

is source patching an option with this? like in the older versions? anyways thank you for your continued support of us old xp die hards.

Yes I have the intention to implement it.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi XPero...

I know you are very busy and have little time to spare but could you give an indication when a beta or the final version will be ready?

I really love and appreciate your work on this. Thanks in advance... :thumbup

The only problem so far with the new XPize .Net and SP3 is the uxtheme patcher. This will be fixed in next version.

How can I obtain the 0.1 Alpha? Is it the zip file on your SkyDrive? If so... what to do with it? If no, please tell me where to get the Alpha. I'm happy to do a little more testing if needed.

Still partying after the 4-1 win over Russia, aren't you? Can't blame you ;)

I had my fun on monday. But I'm still looking for the Alpha. The zip-file contains an executable but I believe it isn't for installing XPize, is it? At least it doesn't on my test system. The only prequisite is having the .NET Framework 2 installed? And does it work like Vize on Vista?

Cheers spef

Hehe, yeah Spain :)

In the zip folder you have the XPize.exe. Run it and youre done. .Net Framework 2 is required.

Cheers

Yeah I tried that at first but it seemed not do to do anything. At first I thought it could be because of my stripped down nLited XP version so I tested it on a clean Windows XP home version (SP1) with only the .NET Framework 2 installed (both in the Dutch language). There it gives me an error when trying to execute the xpize.exe file which it didn't on my other system. So back to my first system to try it again this time with Process Monitor running.

Then it becomes clear that xpize.exe does run but fails at some point. It doesn't show some kind if GUI and clearly doesn't get the job done. I don't know the reason but I kept the log file if you're interested. If so let me know...

• 2 weeks later...