WUD deleted all contents of my folders on desktop

huso47

i have installed WUD 2.25 recently and to test it i selected desktop as download location and downloaded a hotfix.

turning to my desktop after download finished i saw that all my files were deleted only folder structure remains.

what a crazy bug is this could you explain me ? :angry:

i use xp pro sp2 and all updates installed including all versions of net framework.

after posting here i also tested WUD again by selecting download location on different drives and folders but i have same problem.WUD creates a folder named updates category like "Windows Media Player" and download all hotfixes i selected but it deletes all files in download location also in subfolders.

maybe it may help others before they have all their files lost.

thank you and sorry for my english

Edited by huso47

It's not a bug, it's normal behaviour if you have "Remove unlisted files" set to on. Uncheck this option and you won't have that problem anymore.

:huh:

Your applications are great and I don't want to offend you or something, but this is the most stupid option I sow. You can't play with people files like this. I strongly suggest you to remove it from you program, or to make it so files go to recycle bin.

Cheers ;)

:huh:

Your applications are great and I don't want to offend you or something, but this is the most stupid option I sow. You can't play with people files like this. I strongly suggest you to remove it from you program, or to make it so files go to recycle bin.

Cheers ;)

It was implemented as a user request so that if you kept downloading updates from new ULs, it would remove superceded updates from the previous month. I'll look into moving the files to the recycle bin instead of permanently deleting them.

thanks so much both to you and also thanks for this application but i should say that i agree with mara-

about this option.if this is about replacing old updates it is ok, but it must delete only "updates" not clear all content from users folders i think.because most of the people may not be aware of the dangerous sides of this option.and also some of them may not know how to recover their data which are accidentally removed.

again i will thank you but i think you will understand me about this situation.

:rolleyes: