Universal Extractor recompilation

jbm

Anyone know how to add this file into the setup of Univextractor.

I extracted it to a sub dir and copied the new file.

I have inno setup 5.2.2 installed.

when I tried to compile the iss script it gave me this error.

Edited by jbm

jbm - hope you don't mind, but I split off your post from the end of the other thread. Since we have our own subforum now, I figure it'd be easier to take the "one thread per general topic" approach rather than starting another crazy-long 800 post thread. :-)

As for your problem, I really can't think of what would cause that. LangRead is a custom function that I wrote, but it's included in the uniextract15.iss file (or uniextract16.iss). Assuming that's what you're trying to compile, and the file didn't get corrupt or truncated or anything, it should just work.

As for your problem, I really can't think of what would cause that. LangRead is a custom function that I wrote, but it'sincluded in the uniextract15.iss file (or uniextract16.iss). Assuming that's what you're trying to compile, and the file didn't get corrupt or truncated or anything, it should just work.
I did some research :D

The reason it won't recompile is because innounp won't decompile the

section from the installer.

Instead it just extracts the compiled code into 'embedded\CompiledCode.bin'

There is a way to decompile the .bin using the ROPS Disassembler from the innounp site. However, it produces a code file that seems to require modification to be reused in IS.

As you can see, there are a few choices:

1. Create a personal installer (use IS to package your UniExtract directory)

2. Wait for a new release

3. Convince Nitro to post the needed code

4. 'fix' the decompiled code

My suggestion is 1, then 2

Glad I could help you guys! (keeps me from getting in trouble elsewhere :lol:)

Edited by mushu13

Oh, you're trying to recompile the installer after unpacking it with innounp? Yeah, that's not going to work at all.

I provide the source code and all necessary support files on the website. Download that, along with the binary archive, extract all of it to the same directly, then try making your changes and compiling a new installer.

Oh, you're trying to recompile the installer after unpacking it with innounp? Yeah, that's not going to work at all.

I provide the source code and all necessary support files on the website. Download that, along with the binary archive, extract all of it to the same directly, then try making your changes and compiling a new installer.

Wow.

I can't believe I missed the .iss file in the source archive.

Oh well. Now I know to double check the source!

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I know I am going to sound quite thick here, but once I have extraced the files, how do I go about re-packaging them up again?

I have searched but I cannot find out how, please take pity and help me :)