New fileset

fdv

For the first time in over a year, I have created a new fileset here.

It's amazing the things you can learn from doing something like creating an NT 4 SP 7. (Which is totally slipstreamed, BTW, and working 100%, but I still have to create a separate Service Pack.)

Changes include:

- Added APPWIZ.CPL (Add/Remove Programs) from NT4.

- New reg entries allow for use of the Mozilla ActiveX control for HTML display (see note below)

- NT4ICONS.DLL - make use of it!

- Reorganized TXTSETUP and LAYOUT to be one long list of files (let's be real, this is the x86 architechture we're installing on -- no one's using Alpha)

- Provided a new, gutted WININET.DLL to eliminate a shutdown error resulting from a Win2k Hotfix with a new SHELL32 in it

- Deleted lists of files from SYSSETUP that used to be kept for NT 3.1 compatability (yeah, there really was an NT 3.1)

- Agent is installed separately via AGTINST.INF in SYSSETUP just like the Defragger now so you can comment it out

- More Registry entries deleted and a few more obsolete DLLs removed

I like my women over 40, but my Windows under 40, and the bottom line is that this comes in at 39Mb commit, the Holy Grail. HAHAHA!!! :thumbup (NT4 SP7 is 23Mb, BTW).

Also, I am announcing the start on a Win2k Server fileset so that Core 2 Quad users can still use a lean OS.

Mozilla ActiveX Control: this stupid DLL has not been created and offered for download in several years. There is a version that works with Firefox, but I'd like one based on the current 2.x.x.x trunk, so I have grabbed Visual Studio Express and intend to compile one myself as I finish up some projects at work.

For the first time in over a year, I have created a new fileset here.

It's amazing the things you can learn from doing something like creating an NT 4 SP 7. (Which is totally slipstreamed, BTW, and working 100%, but I still have to create a separate Service Pack.)

Changes include:

- Added APPWIZ.CPL (Add/Remove Programs) from NT4.

- New reg entries allow for use of the Mozilla ActiveX control for HTML display (see note below)

- NT4ICONS.DLL - make use of it!

- Reorganized TXTSETUP and LAYOUT to be one long list of files (let's be real, this is the x86 architechture we're installing on -- no one's using Alpha)

- Provided a new, gutted WININET.DLL to eliminate a shutdown error resulting from a Win2k Hotfix with a new SHELL32 in it

- Deleted lists of files from SYSSETUP that used to be kept for NT 3.1 compatability (yeah, there really was an NT 3.1)

- Agent is installed separately via AGTINST.INF in SYSSETUP just like the Defragger now so you can comment it out

- More Registry entries deleted and a few more obsolete DLLs removed

I like my women over 40, but my Windows under 40, and the bottom line is that this comes in at 39Mb commit, the Holy Grail. HAHAHA!!! :thumbup (NT4 SP7 is 23Mb, BTW).

Also, I am announcing the start on a Win2k Server fileset so that Core 2 Quad users can still use a lean OS.

Mozilla ActiveX Control: this stupid DLL has not been created and offered for download in several years. There is a version that works with Firefox, but I'd like one based on the current 2.x.x.x trunk, so I have grabbed Visual Studio Express and intend to compile one myself as I finish up some projects at work.

I just wanted to let you know that the Appwiz.cpl from NT4 also seems to work fine in XP. Also, if you do end up updating the Mozilla ActiveX control, it'll benefit users of Blumentals' WeBuilder product, which uses the <ancient> control to render pages.