[Req] Help make Move, Copy, Delete AVI's smaller

ricktendo

Hey, is there anybody out there who knows if it is possible to make these 3 Vista (like) Move, Copy and Delete AVI's for XP into a smaller size?

Download

Move.avi (3.48 MB)

Copy.avi (2.01 MB)

Delete.avi (2.93 MB)

The reason I need them to be a little smaller is when I add them to XP's shell32.dll they cause a error (user32.dll relocated in memory bla bla)

This is caused by shell32.dll being too big, so to fix it I would need them to be compressed to AVI a tad better

user32ju1.png

So if anybody can take them and recode them (even if it only shrinks them a few kilobites) I would be grateful

Edited by ricktendo64

Hi,

I think they can only be compressed using RLE compression but thats only for 8 bit images. Using Aviquick (freeware) the bmp's can be extracted, and when I did I noticed that there was some duplicate images. So I removed them and reduced the framerate. In total it reduced total size of the 3 avi's from 8.4 mb to 6.4 mb.

You can download them here. :hello:

• 5 months later...
Hi,

I think they can only be compressed using RLE compression but thats only for 8 bit images. Using Aviquick (freeware) the bmp's can be extracted, and when I did I noticed that there was some duplicate images. So I removed them and reduced the framerate. In total it reduced total size of the 3 avi's from 8.4 mb to 6.4 mb.

You can download them here. :hello:

Wow! These are the best vista AVIs in XP to vista customization ever! :D

Okay, of course. I remember i tried to DELETE the animation inside that shell32 or was it msgina .dll , i dont recall. Anyway it was this keyboard ctrl-alt-del animation among other things.

So would it then be safe to just extract the animation, or sound .wav for that matter, and just remove everything in it, to save space, and put it back in?

Or are there ways to safely remove the entire thing?

• 1 month later...

At last i finaly found a program can save as avi with BMP/RLE compression.

Now my shell32.dll (34MB :S) slimmed to 15MB...

Also edited afew.

Now all look like same in basic.

Left side of frame is white.

Edited by eryen