Vistaish sidebar for win win98

Xstyle

• 3 weeks later...

Still trying to change the clock arrows.....for now i can't figure it out...... :wacko: But i've improved and added some more features:-winamp control (play, stop, next, prev.); -a new mp3 pannel; -some new barrs for the RSidebar.

The icons from 'Gadgets' window must be changed..........

What are you using to render the graphics? GDI+? If so, I believe it has good rotation functions. You could just have a PNG with the horizontal arrows and rotate from there.

Still trying to change the clock arrows.....for now i can't figure it out...... :wacko: But i've improved and added some more features:-winamp control (play, stop, next, prev.); -a new mp3 pannel; -some new barrs for the RSidebar.

The icons from 'Gadgets' window must be changed..........

What are you using to render the graphics? GDI+? If so, I believe it has good rotation functions. You could just have a PNG with the horizontal arrows and rotate from there.

Yes...i know that but i don't have the time in the moment to go deep in this matter.

I'm a bit drunk and tired right now, so forgive my bluntness, but why does this thing freeze my computer as soon as I start it? Does it have any special requirements that I didn't notice (such as KernelEx, SPx.x, RPxx, etc.)? All I have here is a few manually upgraded system files and UberSkin 8.2.1 and the system goes icy the second I start RSidebar... :(

Not that I die to have it, but I wanted to test it out of curiosity...

Edited by Drugwash

I'm a bit drunk and tired right now, so forgive my bluntness, but why does this thing freeze my computer as soon as I start it? Does it have any special requirements that I didn't notice (such as KernelEx, SPx.x, RPxx, etc.)? All I have here is a few manually upgraded system files and UberSkin 8.2.1 and the system goes icy the second I start RSidebar... :(

Not that I die to have it, but I wanted to test it out of curiosity...

I don't know why it freezes your computer..... First off all it uses few resources so....?!?!? Don't use it!

Obviously I don't. But it would've been nice to know why it freezes. Oh well... I'll come back later when you grow (this thing) up.

I like how you play with words...it suits you.... "player"!

You may be right. Can't test now as I'm way too tired, but I'll definitely keep it in mind and test a.s.a.p. I do keep Flash disabled on my system, so this may well be it. Thanks for the hint! :)

Regardless, the system does freeze. Could be helpful to find out why.

Why do i suspect it has something to do with the Flash clock?

The version with the flash clock was abbandoned a long time ago! The only version available for now it's the one with a native clock (no flash!!!!).

So we're back to square one. :(

I've checked the main exe for dependencies and everything looks OK. All files from the zip are in their place... Dunno what else could be wrong. CPU type, maybe...? Or the fact that I'm running in dual-view?

Anyway, I replaced the bundled bass.dll with another version I had around (still v2.3 but different filesize and creation date) and will try again after posting this. If I won't edit this post in a few minutes, consider it another failure.

Anyone's suggestions are welcome.