Vistaish sidebar for win win98

Xstyle

You pointed exactly the features that i'm working on(without the analog clock and the automatic next track selection). The slideshow it's a little tricky for me right now.......but it will be better in the next version(with the possibility to change the wallpaper with one click on it. Drag and drop will be available for mp3's. :hello:

Perhaps using gdiplus would make things easier?

You pointed exactly the features that i'm working on(without the analog clock and the automatic next track selection). The slideshow it's a little tricky for me right now.......but it will be better in the next version(with the possibility to change the wallpaper with one click on it. Drag and drop will be available for mp3's. :hello:

Perhaps using gdiplus would make things easier?

GDI+?? Hmmm...I don't know how to use it... :unsure: I must use PowerBasic right?

GDI+?? Hmmm...I don't know how to use it... :unsure: I must use PowerBasic right?

Nope:

"GDI+ is a new graphics subsystem for Windows and provides a new set of graphics APIs for rendering 2D graphics, images, and text. GDI+ is the only API for drawing in the .NET Framework, but in Delphi it is a complement to the current GDI to provide more advanced rendering capabilities."

Take a look here:

http://www.progdigy.com/modules.php?name=gdiplus

http://lummie.co.uk/?page_id=13

Cadian, I have Windows Media Player 9 on my computer so I don't have the error as you said. Have you got WMP9 yet, Cadian? I got it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...es/default.aspx

Yes, I have WMP9, but I'm going to download it and reinstall it again just so I can cross it off the list of possible explanations...

Thanks for the suggestion. 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

After some reading and in the spare time i've managed to add an analog clock to my RSidebar project(it's an flash object so you must have flash player installed to run this properly, but i won't share this for the moment, i must work more to it). Everything i've made on this forum it was done only with my win98se machine(AMD K6/2 350MHZ, s3 TRIO 32/64 PCI (732/764), 320SDRAM).

:whistle:

Here is a screenshot of my RSidebar with an analog clock:

nonameus3.th.png

After some reading and in the spare time i've managed to add an analog clock to my RSidebar project(it's an flash object so you must have flash player installed to run this properly, but i won't share this for the moment, i must work more to it). Everything i've made on this forum it was done only with my win98se machine(AMD K6/2 350MHZ, s3 TRIO 32/64 PCI (732/764), 320SDRAM).

:whistle:

Here is a screenshot of my RSidebar with an analog clock:

nonameus3.th.png

Why does it have to be Flash? That thing would kill a P1, and some people running 98 still use one of those. I don't think it's too light on your K6 either.

Why does it have to be Flash? That thing would kill a P1, and some people running 98 still use one of those. I don't think it's too light on your K6 either.

Why flash? Because it looks great.... It works great on my machine, i don't thinc it wil kill an P1...it's not so heavy!

Here is the RSidebar with analog clock(not finished but for you to see how it works).

You have in the archive the project, extact and after extraction go in Slide directory and copy glow.swf in C:\my flashes(this because it's not finished).

:blink:

Edited by Xstyle

It seems to work, but I have a blue line on the right hand side of the side bar:

siderw7.jpg

Yes i know about that. It's that way because the size of the form changed by mistake. :whistle: This version it's for showing that the flash clock run smooth.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! This thing makes me want to toss the task bar altogether! 10 years of tweaking that thing was enough! In the spirit of the previous sentence, here is my wish list for Rsidebar:

Shutdown button

Run dialogue

Control panel icon

Programs folder from start menu transplanted--expand inwards

Small icon to hide/view

Customizable quick launch area

Volume control (configurable--many laptops now have buttons for this. Full applet via control panel)

Notes on calendar

Folders/play list capability in song list box

Choice for analog or digital clock (both probably won't fit with all of the above)

Configurable fit Windows form minus Rsidebar (aka lock task bar command)

Quick launch area either as separate box or extension of current quick launch area, configurable.

I know it's a lot, but this thing has SERIOUS potential as a total task bar replacement. Thanks for the great work.

Shutdown button

Run dialogue

Control panel icon

Programs folder from start menu transplanted--expand inwards

Small icon to hide/view

Customizable quick launch area

Volume control (configurable--many laptops now have buttons for this. Full applet via control panel)

Notes on calendar

Folders/play list capability in song list box

Choice for analog or digital clock (both probably won't fit with all of the above)

Configurable fit Windows form minus Rsidebar (aka lock task bar command)

Quick launch area either as separate box or extension of current quick launch area, configurable.

:whistle: Oau....a lot of demands...half of them are easy, so it won't take make a lot of time, but some are a little bit tricky(i'll see what i can do). It's good that you know what you want. :rolleyes:

My last post before going to bed!

Hello, Xstyle. I hope you won't curse me for this remark. The analog clock doesn't look nice to me at all! Please give it some more colors if possible. Or it's better if it has some skins to change. Just forget my words if you find them annoying, Xstyle.

Off topic: I have some questions but I don't know where to post them and don't want to make a ridiculous thread! I think you are the best person to answer me these questions:

- Is there a rule limiting the number of posts to write a day? For example, today I've written so many posts. But I am not a spammer!

- I want to have an avatar on my post. Can I use something available? Or do I have to create one? And this is most important, how can I use an image as my avatar? I mean, where to upload the image; on this board or somewhere else?

I have to leave now, Xstyle. I hope you understand my words and give me a reply. But if you are too busy with your projects, anyone's reply is appreciated. Goodbye for now.

Edit: deleting some silly words, nothing important!

Edited by Aloha

- Is there a rule limiting the number of posts to write a day? For example, today I've written so many posts. But I am not a spammer!

not that i know of

And this is most important, how can I use an image as my avatar? I mean, where to upload the image; on this board or somewhere else?

at the top click on My Controls

under Personal Profile

goto Edit Avatar Settings