Vistaish sidebar for win win98

Xstyle

Hey, very nice to hear that you're working on a "native" W98 sidebar! I'm using the Active Desktop based "Longhorn Sidebar" (4.0) at the moment (the one in the screenshot):

sidebarqh6.th.png

but that Longhorn Sidebar is somehow just an ugly hack since it runs on Active Desktop and Flash. Would be great to have a native Sidebar...keep us posted about your progress :-D

This might be a bit off topic, but I can't help but noticing that you have Vista-like transparent windows.

HOW did you get those under Win9x?

Aloha: My resolution is 640x480 because my video only use this resolution, this pack is of Xstyle and your theme pack renovatio , I install first RP7 and too renovatio ,but theme aereo I did for resolution 640x480

Xstyle: I dont knows but the sidebar when no have pictures in your folder happens error + error + error..... :blink:

imagemvu8.jpg

Edited by libanoro

Xstyle: I dont knows but the sidebar when no have pictures in your folder happens error + error + error..... :blink:

imagemvu8.jpg

Yes, i know about that....that's because the Sidebar uses those files(those files are included in the program code). This first version of the sidebar uses those files beacause i'm still learning how to make a slide in the image area, shrinking your wallpapers from your pictures folder (or another folder). So....still learning! :blushing:

Working on plugins for the sidebar( i found something very interesting...so i'll be reading this days :thumbup ). Plugins for sidebar....yeah!!!.

Look at this:

nonameol1.th.png

Edited by Xstyle

My screen resolution is 800x600 not 640*480(what screenshots??). What icon packs are u talking about?
Xstyle, I was talking about post #10 by Libanoro. Sorry for not quoting to make it clear.

Libanoro, if the Renovatio and RP7 can both run fine on your computer, I think I'll give it a try. But if they have any conflicts on my computer (I hope they won't), can you suggest a name for me to curse? I'd better find some information about the Renovatio before installing it. Goodbye all.

My screen resolution is 800x600 not 640*480(what screenshots??). What icon packs are u talking about?
Xstyle, I was talking about post #10 by Libanoro. Sorry for not quoting to make it clear.

Libanoro, if the Renovatio and RP7 can both run fine on your computer, I think I'll give it a try. But if they have any conflicts on my computer (I hope they won't), can you suggest a name for me to curse? I'd better find some information about the Renovatio before installing it. Goodbye all.

Renovatio worked perfect for me after rp7.... If somethings happens you can put the blame on me. :unsure: Renovatio v0.2 will be a lot better...... :whistle: (if i have time..... :wacko: ).

This might be a bit off topic, but I can't help but noticing that you have Vista-like transparent windows.

HOW did you get those under Win9x?

As awergh already noticed: I'm just using a "Vista" theme in my browser, so it's not transparent. Would be cool though :)
Renovatio worked perfect for me after rp7.... If somethings happens you can put the blame on me. Renovatio v0.2 will be a lot better...... (if i have time..... ).
I installed RP7 on top of Renovatio, because I haven't got an English W98, but as you know, Renovatio changes a lot of stuff into English, which causes problems. For example the %apppath% directory changes and the Start Menu changes as well. So I installed RP7 again on top, because it changes my system back to my language.

I kept the Explorer toolbars from Renovatio, because they look better, IMO. And some icons are kept as well, which is cool. But I'd love to see a localized (in my case german) version of Renovatio. I would translate/convert it myself, if I just knew how...

BTW: There's one problem after I installed Renovatio... the explorer always freezes for a few seconds after I open it for the first time. The same goes for programs that make use of the explorer (for example during a "save as..." dialogue). Does anyone know the reason for that, or maybe even how to fix it?

good , I install Renovatio in my OS language portuguese, but for install Renovatio I need SP2+RP7+SP3BETA,then install Renovatio but pack still BETA you knows if install or no :unsure:

Xstyle, I've installed your Renovatio and see that the icons are improved so much. It's very good. The file THUMBVW.dll from RP7 works better for me so I keep it.

Renovatio worked perfect for me after rp7.... If something happens you can put the blame on me.
Well, if you said so...

- First, when I turn on my computer, an error message will pop up. It doesn't happen if I restart Windows or log off. In the box of details, it says:

RUNDLL32 caused an invalid page fault in

module SHELL32.DLL at 01a7:010721b1.

Registers:

EAX=01062310 CS=01a7 EIP=010721b1 EFLGS=00010282

EBX=01071dc0 SS=01af ESP=0063ce70 EBP=0063cf88

ECX=dd401e73 DS=01af ESI=00000000 FS=24b7

EDX=00000001 ES=01af EDI=82f1da58 GS=2496

Bytes at CS:EIP:

3a 08 75 3e 83 7d 10 00 75 38 50 53 ff 15 44 1b

Stack dump:

ffffffff 00000000 00000000 0063d000 0063d000 0000012e 0063ff68 bffa1e1f 000000f3 0063cfcc bfc049da 0063cec1 bff7b9c5 81d19f7c 00000000 010722b1

I always feel dizzy when I look at such codes! I know nothing about them. Please tell me how to get rid of this error.

- Second, the Taskbar can't auto hide although I choose this option from its properties. And it keeps flickering, on and on! I don't like this at all. How can I fix it? Don't you have this problem?

- Third, not very serious, what is the line Renovatio (under Windows Update) on the start panel for? When I click on it, nothing happens. If it has no use, how can I remove it?

Without these annoying things your Renovatio is just fine for me. And this is my own suggestion for your coming Renovatio 0.2, Xstyle. Please give me a chance to safely uninstall your project if suddenly I decide not to have it on my computer any more! Thanks in advance for your reply.

PS. It seems that my post isn't in the right thread.

Edited by Aloha

Xstyle, I've installed your Renovatio and see that the icons are improved so much. It's very good. The file THUMBVW.dll from RP7 works better for me so I keep it.
Renovatio worked perfect for me after rp7.... If something happens you can put the blame on me.
Well, if you said so...

- First, when I turn on my computer, an error message will pop up. It doesn't happen if I restart Windows or log off. In the box of details, it says:

RUNDLL32 caused an invalid page fault in

module SHELL32.DLL at 01a7:010721b1.

Registers:

EAX=01062310 CS=01a7 EIP=010721b1 EFLGS=00010282

EBX=01071dc0 SS=01af ESP=0063ce70 EBP=0063cf88

ECX=dd401e73 DS=01af ESI=00000000 FS=24b7

EDX=00000001 ES=01af EDI=82f1da58 GS=2496

Bytes at CS:EIP:

3a 08 75 3e 83 7d 10 00 75 38 50 53 ff 15 44 1b

Stack dump:

ffffffff 00000000 00000000 0063d000 0063d000 0000012e 0063ff68 bffa1e1f 000000f3 0063cfcc bfc049da 0063cec1 bff7b9c5 81d19f7c 00000000 010722b1

I always feel dizzy when I look at such codes! I know nothing about them. Please tell me how to get rid of this error.

- Second, the Taskbar can't auto hide although I choose this option from its properties. And it keeps flickering, on and on! I don't like this at all. How can I fix it? Don't you have this problem?

- Third, not very serious, what is the line Renovatio (under Windows Update) on the start panel for? When I click on it, nothing happens. If it has no use, how can I remove it?

Without these annoying things your Renovatio is just fine for me. And this is my own suggestion for your coming Renovatio 0.2, Xstyle. Please give me a chance to safely uninstall your project if suddenly I decide not to have it on my computer any more! Thanks in advance for your reply.

PS. It seems that my post isn't in the right thread.

I can't say what happened with that error.....with the taskbar i had the same issue(???). The renovatio line will be activated with the second version.

I will improve my project more and i'll try to keep it as simple as possible(as natural as i can).

Aniway...here is the 80% of my Rsidebar work.....

nonamecx5.th.png

Edited by Xstyle

:whistle: PLEASE TRY TO COPY YOUR Explorer.Exe5.50.4134.100 file(from C:\Windows to C:\drive -then the same version of explorer.exe will be in both area's to stabilize system) ;Immediately, after R.P.7 reboots ,and windows loads completely :::: or Rundll32 will do just that run, and run, and run unattended and screw up other programs too!Renovatio just adds what R.P.7 is missing......Nice RSidebar.....thydreamwalker.....(p.s.:*wia10e.exe-looks great with RP7-Renovatio>>>>My Pictures have never looked better!!!also,had to use vbemp9x to help older pc )thx to all thee 98SE Gods!!! :thumbup