Vistaish sidebar for win win98

Xstyle

:thumbup NICE!!!That's what 98se needs to compete in 2008.Running Renovatio on two systems great with 98se in 256colors on 1024x768(chempc/desktop)+(gateway/ev500monitor) added to compliment color schemes);and 98se-rp7-renovatio in 16medium-bit/true color on 800x600(optiquest):some issues with rp7 just haveta keep tinkering with settings .......reboots with bootsafe.exe for accurate restarts...can't wait to try it!!!!.....thydreamwalker :hello:

Hey, very nice to hear that you're working on a "native" W98 sidebar! I'm using the Active Desktop based "Longhorn Sidebar" (4.0) at the moment (the one in the screenshot):

sidebarqh6.th.png

but that Longhorn Sidebar is somehow just an ugly hack since it runs on Active Desktop and Flash. Would be great to have a native Sidebar...keep us posted about your progress :-D

Hey, I just tested it on my machine and I have to say that I already love it - it looks greeaaat!!

bild1hp4.th.png

It's already better than this Active Desktop based sidebar I've been using so far. Would be really cool, if you develop this further - in the ReadMe file you already mentioned that the next version might support skins - that would be dämn cool!!

I like your RSidebar but you could put search too,

the effect Transparent post for download too. :rolleyes:

In the first of all it's a very lite version for now of this application....(for sure it will have a lot of tools=gadgets in the next versions)...and in the second what are you saying about "the effect Transparent post for download too"?? :sneaky:

:thumbup GREAT LOOKS!!!Just a thought----How about widgets for 98SE ? ? ?Good Idea?Well, XP and Vista use weather and so forth in desktop applications(maybe -help from thee Firefox side bar genious's might help?) ....maybe 98SE/Renovatio should adventure into this area sometime...thx-thydreamwalker :whistle:

:whistle: Just a thought:How's about adding a way/path to ADD-My Pictures Folder/files from each persons own collection to integrate into Your 98SE ("A Lot Better-lookin'than")Vistaish-RSidebar where thee pictures are now shown???-NOW,that would awaken XP-Vista users....huh<just tried MD's wia 10e.exe ,works great as screen-saver in98SEP.S.:Does Media Center do with someone's boot logo which could be the KEY to new version of patched/bandaid-ed 98SE?Better Than XP-Vista-hmmmmm.thx-thydreamwalker B) Edited by thydreamwalker

Libanoro,

The icons on your desktop look very nice. I also have RP7 but my desktop doesn't look as interesting as yours. Since I installed RP7, I've had to change the screen area from 1024x768 to 800x600 so that I can read the text on the desktop easily. But yours is 640x480, isn't it? So, does it mean that the smaller the screen is, the better it looks like? And do you need to install any more icon packs?

Xstyle,

Your sidebar looks good but it is something I don't like to have on Win 98! Sorry for my rude words. I mean I like to have Win 98 as simple as possible, and I keep the desktop as clean as I can. By the way, thanks for making some nice themes for Lameskin, Xstyle. RedVista is one of my favourites.

Libanoro,

The icons on your desktop look very nice. I also have RP7 but my desktop doesn't look as interesting as yours. Since I installed RP7, I've had to change the screen area from 1024x768 to 800x600 so that I can read the text on the desktop easily. But yours is 640x480, isn't it? So, does it mean that the smaller the screen is, the better it looks like? And do you need to install any more icon packs?

Xstyle,

Your sidebar looks good but it is something I don't like to have on Win 98! Sorry for my rude words. I mean I like to have Win 98 as simple as possible, and I keep the desktop as clean as I can. By the way, thanks for making some nice themes for Lameskin, Xstyle. RedVista is one of my favourites.

My screen resolution is 800x600 not 640*480(what screenshots??). What icon packs are u talcking about? In this moment i have my win98 as clean as possible(no packs installed)..... I understand if u like your desktop as clean as you can...

I need some help... Can someone tell me in what language vista sidebar it's written. I know you can make your own gadgets in HTML and Javascript....

Edited by Xstyle