How to add items to Send To context menu?

I know that the files have to be copied to

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo

But where do i put the file to have it copied? Would my $OEM$\$1\Install\ Dir be sufficient?

I was thinking i could put it in there, then just copy it into the send to dir via a batch file.

Seems logical to me. Any ideas?

There are various ways how you can do this. You could use $OEM$-folders, create your own silent, self-extracting archive, use a batch script to copy over certain files or for example use a batch script which calls Shortcut.exe to create a shortcut there, et cetera. There are many possibilities, so do whatever you find the easiest and which works for you.

Perhaps something like this.

Save as SendTo.vbs

Const SENDTO = &H9&
Dim Folder, Fso, Send_To, Shell
Set Fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set Shell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set Folder = Shell.Namespace(SENDTO)
Set Send_To = Folder.Self
Dim ArrFile
'-> Place The Name Of The Files In Here
ArrFile = Array("File_Name_Here_1", _
"File_Name_Here_2")
Dim Loc, CopyF
Loc = Fso.GetParentFolderName(WScript.ScriptFullName)
For Each CopyF In ArrFile
If Fso.FileExists(Loc & "\" & CopyF) Then
Fso.CopyFile(Loc & "\" & CopyF),(Send_To & "\" & CopyF), True
End if
Next

Edited by gunsmokingman

This is my example of creating two shortcuts "Expand" and "Make" for two CMD files in SendTo menu:

[version]
signature="$Windows NT$"
ClassGUID={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
LayoutFile=layout.inf

[DefaultInstall]
CopyFiles = Files
UpdateInis = Appz.links

[DestinationDirs]
Files = 16422,tools\cmd

[Files]
cabarc.exe
expand.cmd
makecab.cmd
modifyPE.exe

[Appz.links]
setup.ini, progman.groups,, "group1=""%16393%"""
setup.ini, group1,, """CAB Expand"",""""""%16422%\tools\cmd\expand.cmd"""""",,,,""%16422%\tools\cmd"",""expand.cmd"""
setup.ini, group1,, """CAB Make"",""""""%16422%\tools\cmd\makecab.cmd"""""",,,,""%16422%\tools\cmd"",""makecab.cmd"""

• 3 months later...

Since allot of users here use the $oem$ file hierary to customize there instulations I figured I would share my method for adding items to the SendTo folder.

And there is alot of information on this site regarding how to utilize them, since this is a very small part of there vast funtionality

This is the directory structure I use on my RIS server (can also be used with CD, flashdrive, or network install sources)

\$OEM$
\$OEM$\$1 <--- contents copyed to %systemdrive%
\$OEM$\$1\Drivers
\$OEM$\$1\Runonce

\$OEM$\$$ <--- contents copyed to %windir%
\$OEM$\$$\INF
\$OEM$\$$\SyStem32

\$OEM$\$Docs You have two options as to where you may want to add your files depending on your desired end result
\$OEM$\$Docs\AllUsers <--- Use for Allusers using this computer
\$OEM$\$Docs\AllUsers\Sendto
\$OEM$\$Docs\Default User <--- use for adding the settings to a user profile (that has not yet logged on to this computer)
\$OEM$\$Docs\Default User\Sendto

\$OEM$\$Progs <--- Copied to the Program files Directory

\Textmode <--- RAID driver files go here

It is also required to modify , change or add the lines as follows to your winnt.sif, ristndrd.sif, unnattended.sif or whatever file your using

[Unattended] 
OemPreinstall = YES

Acually if your not joining a domain you may add your own username (instead of AllUsers or Default User) under the $docs Directory so you can prepopulate your sendto items into your profile witch may be what your desireing specifically, I was not really sure since you indicated "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo" as your desired location.

I hope this helps

Erik

Edited by pierce14u2

This is my example of creating two shortcuts "Expand" and "Make" for two CMD files in SendTo menu:
[version]
signature="$Windows NT{:content:}quot;
ClassGUID={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
LayoutFile=layout.inf

[DefaultInstall]
CopyFiles = Files
UpdateInis = Appz.links

[DestinationDirs]
Files = 16422,tools\cmd

[Files]
cabarc.exe
expand.cmd
makecab.cmd
modifyPE.exe

[Appz.links]
setup.ini, progman.groups,, "group1=""%16393%"""
setup.ini, group1,, """CAB Expand"",""""""%16422%\tools\cmd\expand.cmd"""""",,,,""%16422%\tools\cmd"",""expand.cmd"""
setup.ini, group1,, """CAB Make"",""""""%16422%\tools\cmd\makecab.cmd"""""",,,,""%16422%\tools\cmd"",""makecab.cmd"""

How do you have your make and expand cmd's set up m8? I would like to do something similar here... :D

I use jdoe's CAB Tool for it (in fact usual install will install these shortcuts to Send To menu itself, but I use a bit modified old version and make shortcuts myself). Very good and very handy tool though :thumbup Find it here.

Edited by Oleg_II