[project] uxp

Nuno Brito

UXP version 02 is available!

Here is a quick log of changes:

WPI support

- Included WPI as default method for installing programs.

- Adding programs inside WPI had to be done manually so I coded a small tool to convert nlite addons directly into WPI package format: http://www.msfn.org/board/tool-addons2wpi-...er-t113992.html

--------------

Parted Magic

- The small sized linux tool capable or resizing big sized NTFS partitions is included and working good. It will also provide a few other linux based tools with full NTFS support

--------------

Other details

- LiveXP was updated

- Driverpacks was giving error because the 3rd party driverpacks folder was empty and the archiver didn't included it inside.

- nLite support scripts are not enabled by default and are not really needed since we're now using WPI

- vmware emulation also supported

-------------------------------

Download link:

http://winbuilder.net/download.php?view.24

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is strange.

Had you changed any settings on nLite?

You can also disable the scripts on the nlite folder to skip this portion altogether as it isn't much necessary at all.

nlite addons are handled by WPI and DriverPacks ensures driver support.

Yes, there is maybe some confusion.

The purpose of this project - UXP - is to create a big sized XP Install DVD that contains addons, drivers and a Live CD environment as well.

-----------------

If you are using version 2 of UXP there shouldn't be any worry about nLite since it is not enabled by default.

Let's do it this way.

1. Download a fresh version of UXP
  2. Extract all contents to c:\UXP
  3. Run winbuilder.exe (you'll also need to turn off UAC to allow building registry hives under Vista)
  4. Click on the big blue play button and select the path to your windows XP Install CD

See the results, don't change any of the settings that come as default on the first time you run the project to ensure that all is build correctly.

Should work as you expect.

Nuno: I have a couple of quick questions. I downloaded a copy of WB a while back (in April.) It has always looked incredibly facinating and promising ! I haven't taken the plunge bec I'm so accustomed to how BartPE works that I haven't taken the time to relearn how I make my WinPE discs. But yesterday I hit the wall w/ BartPE/WinPE and need an alternative.

1. Is your uxp project like the initial UBCD4WIN project ? That is, do you get a fully-loaded WinPE environment w/ plugins for free apps ?
  2. Is it pos to make a very simple PE, that permits a WINNT32.EXE launch for unattended installs ? Yesterday's problem was that I had a DVD w/ BartPE+XP Home and a certain PC wouldn't boot my disc in either drive ! Copied the XP distribution files to the hard drive, but I forgot that WINNT32 ignores the /UNATTEND cmd-line switch under WinPE ! What I need is a minimal PE, w/ SATA drivers and a cmd-line, for a very quick bootstrap to launch WINNT32. Doable ! Have I misunderstood what you're trying to do ?

My thought is that I'll try a very simple project, that is, a stand-alone PE that I can add on to my existing PE/SuperDisc. Then, if that works, I'll try something more elaborate, like adapting one of your bigger projects to replace my BartPE.

TIA....Jet

@jetman

Yes, but use the latest Winbuilder.

The UXP combines a "FULL" install with a LiveXP, which is a self standing project capable of replacing a normal BartPE build.

Particularly LiveXP has been proved to work for Winnt32.exe use.

Do read these:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/?showtopic=4111

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5306

jaclaz

@jetman

Yes, but use the latest Winbuilder.

The UXP combines a "FULL" install with a LiveXP, which is a self standing project capable of replacing a normal BartPE build.

Particularly LiveXP has been proved to work for Winnt32.exe use.

<snip>

@jaclaz

Totally groovy !!! :D

I'm downloading it momentarily. Grazie....Jet

• 6 months later...

hi people.

first, this program is great.

second, is there anyway to make uxp boot from an uxb or removable hdd device? this would be very nice and useful for many of us. to have uxp usb thumbdrive. this would be better, because we don't carry dvd's around, but usb memory i always carry on my keys :)

:thumbup