[project] uxp

Nuno Brito

I didn't try the SP3 cuz it's in RC (release candidate) and also you need to install nlite 1.4.5 beta 2 or any newer so that you'll be available to slpistream SP3 .

hope to have been of any help .

@ Nuno Brito

I'll upload the artwork today :D

I'll explain some of the steps that are done on UXP.

1. Copy the source windows install files to a target folder
    uxp_10_script_01_copyfiles.png
  2. Create a liveXP based on the source windows install files
    uxp_10_script_04_livexp.png
  3. Run nLite on the windows install files placed on the target folder
    uxp_10_script_05_addons.png

UXP will create a copy of your original source files to a target and will let nLite modify the target files.

LiveXP is built using the source files and won't modify them.

how can i manually add my livexp back into my build without using uxp?

I advice you to use UXP to automate this step otherwise you need to manually rename the I386 folder created by LiveXP as "myXP" and copy all files inside the target folder of liveXP onto the target folder of UXP.

The script that automates these steps is here: http://xp.winbuilder.net/uxp/MultiBoot/xp-liveCD.script

You rename the liveXP I386 folder to avoid overwritting the Windows Install files on the UXP target.

----

Personally, I think that the cleanest way to do this action is simply overwriting your liveXP project inside UXP with the new one that you're using and prefer.

You find your old LiveXP files inside the %basedir%\Projects\MultiBoot\LiveXP

%basedir% is the folder where winbuilder.exe is placed.

--------

benxhi: thank you!! :)

Edited by Nuno Brito

Here are my current modifications up to this point:

- [added] Parted Magic

- [added] VMWARE emulation script

- [added] New logo artwork

- [moved] Addons folder to root of project

- [updated] Using Winbuilder 074

- [updated] WinRoot project with new files

- [improved] Clean up button will prepare the project for redistribution

- [adding] WPI support..

For Parted Magic to work it will require that the ISO label is "Parted Magic". This can be edited inside the image but I'm thinking on talking with the author to make things easier for those who want to include this OS as an option.

I like Parted a lot, very complete and a good looking boot option.

---

Because I moved the Addons folder to the root, the nlite scripts are giving some headaches, will likely move it back to the previous location.

Also having some doubts with WPI, the script and tool are completed but how should the RunOnceEx entries be created to run at installation time without using nlite?

:)

To set the WPI to start at the first login you only need to create a folder and add some files + a little tweak ;)

Firstly you need to make a distribution folder called $OEM$.

than you only need to add this into the $OEM$ folder be sure it's unpacked cuz if it isn't than it won't work you need to follow these directions for a more complete explanation from Kelsenellenelvian here's the link for the files :

This is for all versions of Windows 2000, XP and 2003

$oem$ zip file link : http://www.wpiw.org/downloads/$oem$.rar

Contents of the $OEM$ archive:

cmdlines.txt

RunWPI.exe (This will set the runonceex entries for WPI and the MCE theme for skinning the runonceex boxes.)

Very simple just Extract to $OEM$ and it's DONE ! btw you still need to have a wpi dir in the root ;)

Thank you!

Do you have any idea how runWPI.exe will work?

Does it load the registry hives or modify the unnatended part of the XP I386 folder?

If I just need to run it then this makes the task of automating this step so much easier.

:)

Nothing else needed after xp setup is done wpi runs and you select what you like than it just installs and you use as simple as that ;)

At least that what i do ;)

here's my unattended xp setup layout ( I did this without UXP )

Root (cd)-----Root files (Win51.sp2 etc.)

.............|___$OEM$( some folders inside for making my files easier to find , cmdlines.txt , RunWPI.exe and tweaks.reg

.............|___i386(and all things into it )

.............|___OEM(drivers and all stuff)

.............|___WPI(wpi install dir)

cmdlines content :

[COMMANDS]

RunWPI.exe

"REGEDIT /S hkcu.reg"

hope it'll help you.

EDIT: ok i nlited it to make the windows smaller (only 230 mb with all hotfixes , and some tools)

Edited by puntoMX

Any news ?

ok so what can I do right now ? it's a little boring without having to test something new ;)

Please if you could give me something to do in order to help this project grow i would gladly do that!