WS2008 for next version?

rebelo

Thanks Arneh so the best bet is to go with the Standard Core? Cuz I see Standard Core and Core as options in the vLite when it asks for what OS to vLite...

No, unless you intend to run it as a very stripped down server with no GUI, Core is not for you. Stick to the regular versions of S2008.

Standard Core and Core? Are you sure you're reading that right?

You should see something similar to Windows Longhorn SERVERSTANDARD and Windows Longhorn SERVERSTANDARDCORE. The regular version of S2008 Standard does not/should not have the "Core" word in it.

Edited by Arneh

Thanks Arneh so the best bet is to go with the Standard Core? Cuz I see Standard Core and Core as options in the vLite when it asks for what OS to vLite...

No, unless you intend to run it as a very stripped down server with no GUI, Core is not for you. Stick to the regular versions of S2008.

Standard Core and Core? Are you sure you're reading that right?

You should see something similar to Windows Longhorn SERVERSTANDARD and Windows Longhorn SERVERSTANDARDCORE. The regular version of S2008 Standard does not/should not have the "Core" word in it.

You are probably right. I think my brain is a bit too tired from the late hours :( Thanks for your help!