Better Option For Integration (Need little advice)

Etz

Hi

Actually I have a Original M$ XP PRO Disc...

Then I Integrated SP2 (M$ Disc too) via nLite... (nothing removed, no changes, etc...)

Question is...

Is Better to...

1. Integrate SP3 (final) to my already SP2 integrated disc...?

2. Start From Source: Windows XP Pro SP1a (Original Disc) and integrate SP3 (when final) right on?

As far as I understand M$ service packs, they should contain, all older fixes and SP`s... :whistle:

So far, integrated SP3 build 3311 RC2 (still haven`t found any big differences, besides after install footprint...)

Later Removals, is of course on my responsibility... :thumbup

Any suggestions... ? :hello:

EDIT:

Last Thoughts: I guess that, it should be just fine to Integrate SP3 to a Original Disc (and then "castrate" the result with nLite) :whistle:

But Guessing is not enough for me... :D

Edited by Etz

Yes, integrating SP3 to an original XP disc will be just fine since it'll contain all the previous fixes of previous service packs. I've personally done it with an XP RTM disc (no sp's integrated) and integrated SP3 with no issues.

You said you had an SP1a disc, not an XP RTM disc. So between the two, SP1a and an SP2 disc, I doubt it'll make much if any difference which one you use. If you have an original XP RTM disc with no sp's integrated, I'd personally using that.

For SP3 I´d wait for the final release and check the readme/ knowledgebases, because there have been some strange rumors.

But normally a "vanilla"/ "gold"/ "RTM" + latest SP should be the preferrable way to go.

Couldn´t get hold of an original "MS W2K with SP4 integrated" yet to crosscheck vs. "W2Kgold" or "W2KSP1 integrated."

Agi

So far, integrated SP3 build 3311 RC2 (still haven`t found any big differences, besides after install footprint...)

Where did you download build 3311? As I could see from Microsoft site, this build is only available via Windows Update. And don't answer my question if you downloaded this from not legal location (torrent for example).

Cheers ;)

EDIT: I found the link in other thread.

Edited by mara-

For SP3 I´d wait for the final release and check the readme/ knowledgebases, because there have been some strange rumors.

But normally a "vanilla"/ "gold"/ "RTM" + latest SP should be the preferrable way to go.

Couldn´t get hold of an original "MS W2K with SP4 integrated" yet to crosscheck vs. "W2Kgold" or "W2KSP1 integrated."

Agi

Basically question was about final... (It`s not released yet, I know that)

But It`s better to make experiiments earlier to obtain some know-how for that time, when final comes out...

Edited by Etz