How to merge partitions?

kunal2sh

Hello This is my setup:

===> 40GB- Windows XP ( I am fine with this)

===> 120GB- Has three partitions.

I want to merge these three partitions into one WITHOUT LOSS OF DATA...since it is my BACKUP..

So how do i do this..

NB: If there is any fast method pls lettme know...Thank You in Advance.

To my knowledge there is no straight way to do this. You'll have a few choices, you just need to understand the concept. Either you move all the data to the 1st partition then increase its size to full disk, either you move a bit to disk 1 (if there is not enough space on partition1) then proceed as well. In a few words, to get rid of a partition, you'll need to empty it first. There is NO MERGE.

An excellent freeware for this is GPartEd (Gnome Partition Editor, boot CD). Search, you can download an iso.

To my knowledge there is no straight way to do this. You'll have a few choices, you just need to understand the concept. Either you move all the data to the 1st partition then increase its size to full disk, either you move a bit to disk 1 (if there is not enough space on partition1) then proceed as well. In a few words, to get rid of a partition, you'll need to empty it first. There is NO MERGE.

An excellent freeware for this is GPartEd (Gnome Partition Editor, boot CD). Search, you can download an iso.

With Notron Partition Manager you can do this straight without any moving of data.

Cheers ;)