Timezone issues in nLite 1.4.1

Stolichnaya

I'm not sure if anyone else is facing this minor irritant - I used nLite 1.4.1 to integrate all the hotfixes till date (February 2008), IE7 and WMP 11. So far so good.

Under the unattended installation, I set my timezone, India (+5.30 GMT). However, upon installing from this disk, I observe that my timezone has now shifted to Kabul (+4.30 GMT).

I lose this hour somehow. Not a major issue, really. All I have to do is manually reset the timezone. But what is bugging me is that why is this one hour shift happening? Have I been doing something wrong? Not once, but repeatedly this happens. I've tried making the installation disc several time because of this.

Mind you, this started with nLite 1.4 onwards - earlier, I didn't have this problem. Can anyone throw any light on this? :blink:

Thanks in advance! :)

No, you did not make any error. This issue appears with KB933360, and maybe Nuhi could do something to solve this problem in his next nLite version. In meantime, Ryan solved this problem with his pack using some commands at T13 of Windows setup, so you can use his pack and this issue won't appear.

Cheers ;)

Hi,

I think you are using RyanVM Update pack along with this. Older Update Pack had an issue with Timezone and he has just released a rc which seems working fine. u can try that.

Regards

Gururaja

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...