Can I legaly distrubute a vilite'ed vista?

shaitan607

shaitan607, you can not distribute modified vLite installer, asking for the Vista itself is not even funny. MS can not allow distribution of Vista with their support or trademark which is not what they made after you customize it.

Strictly for your personal usage only.

Sorry, I wasn't asking for Vista nor was I trying to be funny.

To make it simple:

the end user of vlited install/disk should be only you.

For Personal Use Only

it has been modified from the way m$ wants to do (Service &support) of their OS.

Legally u r not qualified for Support from m$ for vlited install. and u shouldn't call m$ for that.

when u distribute a vlited disc the end user maynot know abt that and call m$ for support(which the dont have to according to EULA).

Long story short, you r done.

shaitan607, your title says that the question is about Vista. Why do you even post here if you ignore our replies. Only OEM distributors have the right to modify the OS which they distribute and even then there must be some boundaries, you will not see Dell removing some component.

shaitan607, your title says that the question is about Vista. Why do you even post here if you ignore our replies. Only OEM distributors have the right to modify the OS which they distribute and even then there must be some boundaries, you will not see Dell removing some component.

Yeah, the question was about vista, I wasn't asking for vista. I'm not ignoring any replies and so far the conversation has been pretty civil up until you started being pretty rude. I know that with XP people were allowed to legally download hacked up copies of Windows as long as they weren't stealing keys, so I figured that this was an ok topic.

I guess though that since the EULA for vlite says pretty clear that I can't use it for a professional use then that answers the question.

I know that with XP people were allowed to legally download hacked up copies of Windows as long as they weren't stealing keys, so I figured that this was an ok topic.
I don't know if your company has a legal expert but maybe you should check with him what the current situation is with the work you've done untill now.

hacked copies....illegal, maybe unmodified copies but aslong as they have a license to use it for the specified computer (i.e. original disk lost/damaged). Although by law you are allowed to make one backup copy, the unmodified copy would be kinda like your backup but im not a legal expert...

I recommened not to continue this topic as its coming close to rule breaking.

Edited by LegoLiamâ„¢