Antivirus for W2K8

SEP11 works fine for me. What version are you using? I'm running 11.0.2.2000 MR2. Also, the SEP install tends to say that alot, for any little thing that might have installed. All I can say is try the latest version or reboot a few more times. Do you have any devices installing on reboot?

NOD32 AV Business Edition works very nicely on Server 2008. So, does Online Armor Pro as a firewall. Both are top notch in their class.

what?? my server 2008 wouldnt even install eset nod32 business edition, it says that this product is not intended for server 2008..

how did you install it?

btw, i tried installing the eset smart security edition, not AV

Edited by shahed26

SEP11 works fine for me. What version are you using? I'm running 11.0.2.2000 MR2. Also, the SEP install tends to say that alot, for any little thing that might have installed. All I can say is try the latest version or reboot a few more times. Do you have any devices installing on reboot?

Using SEP Build 11.0.2000.1253. There's no devices installing on Reboot. I've started using ClamWin and PC Tools Firewall, so I think I'll just leave that as it is for now since this is just a HTPC.

NOD32 AV Business Edition works very nicely on Server 2008. So, does Online Armor Pro as a firewall. Both are top notch in their class.

what?? my server 2008 wouldnt even install eset nod32 business edition, it says that this product is not intended for server 2008..

how did you install it?

btw, i tried installing the eset smart security edition, not AV

Eset's latest Smart security runs great on my windows server 2008 install :)

Test again with latest one. 3,0,650 is what i use in my system.

• 1 month later...

I like kaspersky 2009 so i decided to modify the .msi file with Orca tool. I have removed the ErrorIncompatibleOSShow, ErrorIncompatibleOSTypeSet and ErrorIncompatibleOSSet from the msi in the InstallExecuteSequence and InstallUI. The installation went fine but when I rebooted I saw that the Guest account have been enabled and more either I click on Administrator or Guest, the system hung at 'preparing your desktop message'. I can do nothing except reboot.

I made this test in virtual pc. I would like to know if someone already made this ?