getting "file \$win_nt$."bt\biosinfo.inf could not

First of all, is the file on your installation disc? Does this error show up on other machines too when trying to install? If so, it could be that your installation disc is damaged or corrupted. If not, it could be that your hard disk is damaged or that the memory isn't working properly anymore. If this is the case, scan your hard disk and memory for errors. You give too little information to be of more service. Please check the above and let us know the outcome.

There are some paths and filenames ENCODED inside SETUPLDR.BIN.

Tipically:

\I386\ on CD's

\minint\ on HD like devices (with the /minint switch

\$WIN_NT$.~BT\ for pre-installation files on HD like devices

\CMDCONS\ for Recovery Console

If your CD searches for anything inside \$WIN_NT$.~BT\ instead of \I386\ some file is missing or the build procedure is wrong.

If the file is missing AFTER the pre-install bootfiles have been copied to HD, again something is wrong, probably in txtsetup.sif, but cannot say for sure.

HOW did you create the CD, I mean WHICH tutorial/howto/method did you use to create the .iso?

WHEN exactly in the booting process does it happen?

What EXACT error code does it show (like error 18)?

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Sorry skipping the details, I used CDIMAGE to make the iso. I used the MSFN Unattended windows tutorial to slipstream sp 2 for xp pro. Now, upon trying further, I'm not getting the above mentioned error message (with the error 14) anymore, now it just won't open, or boot into it. I'm working with a clean hard drive with just cd rom drivers and command.com, freshly formatted. when I go to the cdrom, the iso is there, but I can't open it. Any other details, please ask. Thanks

So, all you want to do is a slipstreamed SP2 XP pro install CD?

Can you post a link to the guide you used?

Also, saying "I used CDIMAGE" says nothing, I mean WHICH command line options you used with it?

You can also try using nlite to create a slipstreamed SP2 XP pro install CD:

http://www.nliteos.com/

http://www.msfn.org/board/nLite-f89.html

jaclaz

• 5 years later...

Facing same error & 'The error code is 14' while trying to install WinXp through usb (Kingston C10 8gb).

Used PEtoUSB ver-3.0.0.8 for making usb stick bootable (LBA 16 format).

The 'biosinfo.inf' is located in minint, but the processor looks for it it WinNT & this folder doesn't exist in the usb.

Please help!!

Facing same error & 'The error code is 14' while trying to install WinXp through usb (Kingston C10 8gb).

The 'biosinfo.inf' is located in minint, but the processor looks for it it WinNT & this folder doesn't exist in the usb.

Please help!!

You are seemingly assuming that you can somehow copy a XP setup to USB stick and install from it.

Go here, http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/157-install-windows-from-usb/ and either learn how to manually make such a setup stick or use any of the automated tools.

Please help!!

or use any of the automated tools.

as i stated, i used PE2USB to copy the setup files..

as i stated, i used PE2USB to copy the setup files..

And , as I did NOT state (because it is self-evident), PEtoUSB (which is NOT PE2USB, BTW) is intended - like PE2USB - to copy to a stick a PE (Pre-installation Environment), and NOT an XP install (which won't work from the stick without modifications, because, though similar to a PE, an XP install is NOT a PE and needs different/additional settings in order to work from a USB device).

You had a problem :(, I told you why you had it and how you can solve it :yes:, you are of course perfectly free :) to ignore the given advice, case closed.

jaclaz