Silent install KIS 7 -KAV/KIS 6 - 8

oskingen

To get the msi, just extract it from the .exe or launch it and pick it up from %temp% folder of if already installed from your ProgramData\kaspersky\setup folder

Kis/KAV 7 and version TR 8

We can use this command line to install KIS/KAV 7 silently :start /wait Kaspersky\kis.en.msi /qb /norestart. but no way to remove some component

KIS/KAV 6

We can use this command line to install KIS/KAV 6 silently :start /wait Kaspersky\kis.en.msi /qb /norestart

Create a setup.ini file in the same folder of Kaspersky with the following. (1= install / 0=Don't install)

Setup]
Reboot=no
SelfProtection=no

[Components]
FileMonitor=1
MailMonitor=1
WebMonitor=1
ProactiveDefence=1
AntiSpy=1
AntiHacker=1
AntiSpam=0

for both versions If you put the key in the same folder it will automatically add it. You can also add your config file. Before upgrade just save your config file from the Service tab in Kaspersky to install.cfg. During next install your antivirus will be automatically configured with your previous setting.

Edited by hannubys

• 2 months later...

You can save your config file from the Applications Setting Management. The config File 'install.cfg' is working with versions 6, 7 but not 8 at least not yet.

About the setup.ini i did not figure out about Control Parental. I tried a lot of variable but i couldn't get Control Parental feature removed.

Now I'll focus on 8 versions.

post-172411-1210996612_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the Install.cfg tip :)

But I still think I will keep using Transforms.mst files to not install other components, as you said it does not work for Parental Control

Let me know when you'll do it for KIS 8

But I still think I will keep using Transforms.mst files to not install other components, as you said it does not work for Parental Control

But if you don't use Parental Control nothing happens, i mean, there is no increase in resource usage if you don't have it activated.

But if you don't use Parental Control nothing happens, i mean, there is no increase in resource usage if you don't have it activated.

yeah of course, but i just wanted to do it :rolleyes: