Your Vista SP 1 experience

Guest bunnny

good day! anyone got the link for the sp1?

THNAKS

If you've got a technet/MSDN subscription, it's available for download. If you're a VL customer, you can get it from your Microsoft rep or your online download location (if you have such in your contract). These are the only current locations for the hotfix download.

Otherwise, you wait for it to hit WU or the MU catalog or the http://www.microsoft.com/downloads site, or get yourself a subscription to MSDN. I'm sure there are other ways to go about acquiring it, but in my country those are considered illegal - the board rules also consider using these ways to be illegal as well. Technically, you should see it in March or April, so if you've waited since November of 2006, you can probably wait another month or two ;).

Made the plunge and moved to vista 64 bit, C2D w/ 4 gig of ram. everything flies, they only item i could not get working was my old creative webcam (driver issues and wasn't supported or going to be) got a cheap live cam and it works good. games are fast, response times in all applications are amazing. i have yet to run into an app that i cannot run which suprised me the most. Anyone on the edge, take the plunge it is worth it

I'll be working on mine this weekend!

Would you suggest making sure I have all my drivers ready before install? I have multiple hard drives, so no worries on that end, but other than your web cam, you run into anything else?

Thanks!

I've downloaded the ISO version but was wondering if I could use a program like MagicISO to install it or do I need to burn it to a cd/dvd?

Is it suppose to be 2.87GB in size?

Edited by c0nt3nd3r