Windows Vista SP1

hotpants

Hello people,

I am having a little problem getting Windows Vista SP1 to connect to the local network (wired router). Before installing SP1, it was all ok. After the SP1 installation the network connection has completely gone. The little icon on the system tray shows it is disconnected but the light on the router and on the network card are lit. The ipconfig does not return anything except "Windows IP Configuration" - no other details. The router can be accessed via wireless without a problem from my laptop. The "diagnose and repair" option does nothing. The drivers for the network card does not report any error. I have tried using "netsh winsock reset" and "netsh int ip reset" - without a luck. I have tried googling this but have not been able to find anything. Is there anything else I can try?

Any tips on this would be very much appreciated.

Hello people,

I am having a little problem getting Windows Vista SP1 to connect to the local network (wired router). Before installing SP1, it was all ok. After the SP1 installation the network connection has completely gone. The little icon on the system tray shows it is disconnected but the light on the router and on the network card are lit. The ipconfig does not return anything except "Windows IP Configuration" - no other details. The router can be accessed via wireless without a problem from my laptop. The "diagnose and repair" option does nothing. The drivers for the network card does not report any error. I have tried using "netsh winsock reset" and "netsh int ip reset" - without a luck. I have tried googling this but have not been able to find anything. Is there anything else I can try?

Any tips on this would be very much appreciated.

unfortuately, there are some driver issues with SP1...even though 'device' manager shows no errors...I know it happens with some on-board audio drivers...and you'll have to install them again with your driver cd....audio issues needed to just visit windows update..but in your case you can't....try that option and see if all goes well.

I have to second jroc's statement - Vista SP1 has driver issues with some video, audio, and network drivers. The solution is to uninstall and reinstall the offending driver (preferably with a newer version from the vendor).

I have tried the latest drivers which was released last month from Realtek - still no luck.

Hence why MS has been holding off on pushing SP1 out to the public, since several changes cause key drivers to no longer be useable, they have to wait on their business partners to write the drivers they should written when this was in beta