Fonts not clear on new monitor

Bad boy Warrior

@Bad boy Warrior: 1680x1050 is a 16:10 resolution, not 16:9.

hmmmm...... true but i can switch modes on the TV which goes from Wide > 16:9 > Zoom1 > Zoom2. Currently set to wide

I would not be surprised if you can't drive this monitor at its actual resolution. No surprise if it is intended as "TV".

ok but this was also intended as a monitor. The TV was a bonus and since the difference between the price of a monitor and a monitor which included a TV was £30 i thought why not :unsure: . So are you saying that even if i build a new PC (of course with new graphics cards) i will always have this problem? or is there a specific graphics card that will overcome this problem? If i will always have this problem i'd rather return it back and get a monitor instead, if another card can resolve i dont mind keeping it for a while.

Don't take my words for it, as I do not own a flat television. But there was a discussion on Doom9 where a person was searching for best way to encode exactly 1080 pixels vertically (not divisable by 16). In the end the search turned out pointless as the display was always resampling.

Wide > 16:9 > Zoom1 > Zoom2

Let's hope that Wide equals 16:10.

The fonts were looking excellent and all looked perfect BUT i couldnt get the resolution to be correct

What was the resolution at that moment? You should be able to see when resolution is matched exactly. The goal is not better quality, but perfect match.

A Google search on [VGA LCD Calibration] will return a bunch of test pictures that will help. But they are not really needed for DVI.

So are you saying that even if i build a new PC (of course with new graphics cards) i will always have this problem?

There is this possibility.

Edited by j7n

Don't take my words for it, as I do not own a flat television. But there was a discussion on Doom9 where a person was searching for best way to encode exactly 1080 pixels vertically (not divisable by 16). In the end the search turned out pointless as the display was always resampling.
Wide > 16:9 > Zoom1 > Zoom2

Let's hope that Wide equals 16:10.

The fonts were looking excellent and all looked perfect BUT i couldnt get the resolution to be correct

What was the resolution at that moment? You should be able to see when resolution is matched exactly. The goal is not better quality, but perfect match.

i believe when i had my old graphics card (standard card with a Dell optiplex GX270 Small Form) connected it was showing 1680 x 1050 but the top and bottom was missing and looked clear. When adjusting it, it made no difference. Even now if i have the GeForce 6200 GC connected and display it at 1680 x 1050 (native res for TV) the bottom top are missing but manually adjusting it 1723 x 1040 shows everything, even at 1680 x 1050 i dont think its as clear compared to using the original graphics card.

What resolution are you using now?

HDMI (Type A) is the same DVI over a different cable. I'd say its rather the television incompatible with DVI.

Using 1680 x 1050 - native res for the tv/monitor.

Not sure what could be the problem but for all i know it could have been the cable or even the compatibility between the GC and TV/monitor (just a wild guess) or even the GC may not support HDMI as PuntoMX stated.

A few minutes back i searched around to see if anyone else had a similar issue, some did but no one had any real answers to it.

Why would you use anything other then a DVI to DVI cable?

good question.....i didnt have a DVI to DVI cable at hand so used DVI to HDMI before changing this over to a DVI to VGA :whistle::whistle:

Edited by Bad boy Warrior

Check your nVidia Control Panel options for display scaling. I remember that when I set mine to nVidia's scaling technology, things looked horrible, even at native resolutions, but when I used the devices built-in scaling, everything was fine.