Cannot Enable Receive Window Auto-Tuning

waruikoohii

When trying to enable Receive Window Auto-Tuning via the command line (netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal), netsh reports "Ok" but when running "show global" Receive Window Auto-Tuning is marked as Disabled. There is a note after the settings stating "**The above autotuninglevel setting is the result of Group Policy overriding any local configurations."

I have hunted through the group policy editor, and could not find anything related to Auto-Tuning. I am not on a domain.

Any ideas on how to fix this so I may enable Receive Window Auto-Tuning?

you can do a start->type 'rsop.msc' ->Enter to see same basic interface as gpedit.msc but it only show policies that are in place. its useful for finding a policy buried 3 layers deep in gpedit

Nothing there.

I got ahold of a Microsoft provided SP1 slipstream disc, though, so I'll probably be doing a format and reinstall this weekend, which makes figuring out the problem not really worth while.

Thanks for your help, though.

• 2 weeks later...
I have exactly the same problem, and this machine is a standalone SP1 install on RTM.

Have you tried the SP1 slipstream install yet?

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

I'm on the slipstream now with no problems.

I have a Home Premium desktop that was upgraded to SP1 with WU. It doesn't have this problem, however.

You could perhaps try disabling the Group Policy service. That may help.