XP SP3 without Key?

Q-Fireball

I don't get it, with SP3 you should be able to install XP without a license key. But whenever I slipstream SP3 to my XP CD, I have to input a key, it won't work without a key. So my question is, do I have to wait for the final or do a have to buy a XP CD with SP3? Did somebody slipstream SP3 RC2 and does the installation work without a license key?

• 3 weeks later...

I hope we don't have to use a key, that would mess up our SLP installs.

I did read somewhere else that if you install SP3 (as it is now?) you have 30 days to enter your product key, or be forced to re-activate XP.

That seems awfully lame. Probably the only reason I have not tried it yet. My OEM pc has so many custom settings, I'm afraid they will get changed.

• 3 weeks later...
i got the same proplem it need a key and i got the one from pid.inf that was very very very usefyl information

but is it only 30 days trial or what and if how i can fix that !!

regards in advance..

to fix this 30 days trial....u need to buy a xp license. :P

:rolleyes:

okay but one anther thing the copy of xp i have i made it with xp professional original cd and sp3 5508 and i slipstream it

but i notice that the is no wmp11 and no internet explorer 7 just the old things ie6 and wmp9

so how can i fix this????

so man what u think to integrate sp3 when it come final with xp professional or xp sp2???

and i wish if u make a copy when the final sp3 come out and integrate it with ie7 and wmp11

that would be gr8 :rolleyes:

so man what u think to integrate sp3 when it come final with xp professional or xp sp2???

and i wish if u make a copy when the final sp3 come out and integrate it with ie7 and wmp11

We will not make you a copy you HAVE to make your own...

To make you a copy is illegal.

We will not make you a copy you HAVE to make your own...

To make you a copy is illegal.

:blink: all of that xp modifing is illegal but if i make my own is legal :wacko: