Which should I slipstream first?

malcolmx

Hello,

in which order should I slipstream mentioned packages? I mean if I first slipstream IE7 (or WMP11) and then apply SP3 via nLite it will downdate previously slipstreamed: IE and WMP11. So then? Which comes first and...

..does SP3 contain updates for IE7 and WMp11? I guess not, so perhaps (correct me if I am wrong):

1: I slipstream SP3

2: then slipstream IE7 and WMP11

3: then slipstream updates for WMP11 and IE?

bit confused? :)

No, it doesn't contain any updates for IE7 and WMP11.

I would slipstream the IE7 and WMP11 first, then the hotfixes and the SP3 at last. The SP3 should contain the latest file versions. IE7 and WMP11 could overwrite the new SP3 files with older files.

• 2 months later...
1: I slipstream SP3

2: then slipstream IE7 and WMP11

3: then slipstream updates for WMP11 and IE?

bit confused? :)

What are the latest versions of IE7 and WMP11?

Two files that I look at are:

iexplore.exe: 7.0.6000.20772

and

wmp.dll: 11.0.5721.5237

Reason being because the "About" option in the app just gives the installer version from the M$ site. Anyone else have higher?

I have added all latest Updates to IE and number version is: 7.0.5730.13/

Weird..

That woule mean, the installer on MS page is updated as well ^^ so there no need to bother about seeking updates for IE7 (and WMP11 maybe).

But it's only my sudden conlusion. What else think about that?

I have read on here that HFSLIP does a much better job of updating WMP and IE, and is a bit more clever in general. As I understand things, it checks the version numbers of individual files and only updates with the newest versions.

It might be less hassle not having to worry about the order in which to apply updates and worth looking at.

I have added all latest Updates to IE and number version is: 7.0.5730.13/

Weird..

That woule mean, the installer on MS page is updated as well ^^ so there no need to bother about seeking updates for IE7 (and WMP11 maybe).

But it's only my sudden conlusion. What else think about that?

Is that the version of the actual *.exe file? Right click>Properties>Version ; Because my v7.0.6000.20772 beats your v7.0.5730.13 :P But yes, M$ did release a new IE7 installer - one that removed the WGA check or somethin' like that.

It'd be a nice feature for nlite to include pop-ups for overwriting newer ver. files with older... :whistle:

Edited by hairbautt