ZoneAlarm Free v7.0.462

Buhric

Hi

I got a really strange problem

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 US

I'm trying to do a Silent Install of Zone Alarm Free (v7.0.462)

so I run the following command line

C:\temp\zaZA_Setup_en.exe /s /i /noreboot

Well I see the smal "install" incon appear on the system tray, and if I hover the mouse

I see "Zone Alarm Install - x%"

The "x%" goes up till 15% and then the icon disapers and it looks like the Installation aborted for some reason

If I check the different logs files created during installation I see the following error in file

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\installer_021808222446.log - the number changes at every try-

Executing Cancel script.

and this is the contents of my

C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\ErrorLog.txt

# This file is created by a ZoneLabs installer to report errors encountered in the install process.
# Log created 02/18/08 22:24:47
# Installing ZoneAlarm on Windows version: 5.1.2600
# Computer name: MYPC
# Command Line = /s /i /noreboot
All Errorlogs consolidated.
Result of inuse check: Non-Existant

The strange part is that I also downloaded the French version of Zone Alarm, the the exact same command works perfectly.

And Also if I do a "nornal" installation either by dbl-clk the installer or running

C:\temp\zaZA_Setup_en.exe /i /noreboot

All installs fine, and its also works fine after that.

Hope some one could help me on this!

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that the French version of ZA installs correctly in the US and French version of XP, but

the US version of ZA does not "silent" install in either the French or US version of XP.

Both the US and FR version of XP has the exact same softwares and updates installed.

Edited by Buhric

Wow over 80 view and not a single reply?

Could someone at least try installing it with the /s /i /noreboot switches to see if it works for them....

On my end I tried it on 1 VMWare installation and on a real PC with the same results

So now I'm wondering if its one of my Windows Patches that are causing it to fail, or if its the English version of v7.0.462 that is "broken"

I tried to install zaZA_Setup_en.exe downloaded from filehippo with /s switch and don't work.

In installation folder (about 2.7 MB) I founded a log file with some crap error inside.

Non-unattended installation works fine.

Thanks for your input,

Elajua:

unfortunatly 7.0.462 is the most recent built they have, will need to wait till the next one to see if problem is corrected

radix:

If its also happening to you then its almost sure that its the English setup file that has a problem with the /s switch

Hey there,

I have the same problem. It's strange that the older installers worked fine-and-dandy but the newer ones are a pain in the collective buttocks.

If there's a nerd out there who knows the answer, do tell.

I can post an AutoIt script if you need.

Edited by radix

Hi Radix,

I, for one, would really appreciate it if you could make an autoit script. I tried but didn't know the command's that you need to put in. I knew about 'alt yes & alt no' but that was it. And I was stopped on the first one that you had to put in a check mark. I tried using nlite addon maker, but that wouldn't install. Same result as original poster. I had used /s /noreboot. I also tried 'RunOnce', but that didn't work either. I have looked on 'Ryan's site, http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511 and http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=274 but no luck. I guess it's one of the hard one's to make. Or, more likely, I'm just not smart enough.

I would definitely give it a test for you and report back if you could make one.

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

Success,

Thanks, Radix

What I did in case anyone wants to know.

1) Using the following guide as a reference, http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1466, thanks Ricktendo64, and using your autoit script, thanks again Radix, I placed the “script” on the desktop along with the “zaZA_Setup_en.exe”. Right click on ‘script’ and click ‘compile script’. The result was the desired “exe“: “ZoneAlarm_Free_7[1].0.462.0.exe”

2) Using the following guide as a reference, http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1978, thanks again Ricktendo64, I was able to make my silent installer.

Note 1:

In the ‘Bin’, I put both the “zaZA_Setup_en.exe” & “ZoneAlarm_Free7[1].0.462.0.exe”

On the ‘Config.txt’, I used the following:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

GUIMode="2"

RunProgram="ZoneAlarm_Free_7[1].0.462.0.exe /s /noreboot"

;!@InstallEnd@!

Note 2: Where it states to ‘Create.cmd‘:

upx --ultra-brute 7zsd.sfx

cd Bin

..\7za a -mx=9 "..\Program.7z" *

cd ..

copy /b 7zsd.sfx + Config.txt + Program.7z ZoneAlarm_Free_7[1].0.462.0.exe

del Program.7z

3) From here, I used the following guide as a reference, http://shark.msfn.org/files/tutorial.txt, thanks shark007, using the ‘addon’ method to make my ‘zip’ file which I will place in my ‘hot fixes’ folder when next I use nlite. It does install the ‘zone alarm spy blocker’, but I just went to add & remove and uninstalled it.

Thanks again, Radix,

Eddie

It does install the 'zone alarm spy blocker', but I just went to add & remove and uninstalled it.

If you set $SpyBlocker = 0 in script, then spy blocker will not be installed.

Thanks again, Radix

I downloaded your new script, uninstalled previous version, made a new silent installer and it works great. No spy blocker. Zone Alarm was the 'last', finally, of my 25 add on's. Everytime I made a new DVD, this was the only one that was still hanging.

Thanks again, "GREAT JOB"

Eddie

Thanks again, Radix

I downloaded your new script, uninstalled previous version, made a new silent installer and it works great. No spy blocker. Zone Alarm was the 'last', finally, of my 25 add on's. Everytime I made a new DVD, this was the only one that was still hanging.

Thanks again, "GREAT JOB"

Eddie

Couple you post the ZA addon you made?