Time to go?

ssgatbliss

I found this site about two years ago and it seemed to be a good site for info on MS products. There were always some good tips on faster, better, stronger. Now it appears every time I visit the site the news is only about Nlite or Vlite and how to keep old versions alive longer and very little on how to improve upon what's here now. I used to be a fan of this site but lately (last six months or so) it seems like all the news is re-posted from somewhere else and the only thing really answered on this site is how to keep some antiquated version of windows working today.

Maybe this site should be re-named OMSFN (Old Microsoft Software Forum Network). Not kidding, people may take offense but the advertisements such as the "MS office accounting Pro 2008" that I'm looking at now I find funny. There are so few people on this site running up to date software why would anyone advertise up to date software on a site that seems to devote itself to keeping out of date software working? :blink:

You are free to your opinion, but I think that there are portions of this board that deal with everyday issues. If you hang out in the Vista or XP/200x/NT forums all day, that's about all you are going to see, but if you try some of the other forums (unattended section, programming section, network/hardware section) there is a lot of problem solving going on.

Remember that until Vista (and adoption has been slow), no new OSes had come out of Microsoft since 2003. Since 2003 RTM'ed in March of 2003, and XP RTM'ed in October of 2001, you're going to find most people are moving from understanding the OS to trying to tweak it now, and that's the bulk of the posts in these forums (notwithstanding the small number of people running Win9x or WinNT/2K who want to string that along as well).

In about a year, when Vista SP1 and 2008 become more widespread, we'll likely see a lot more of break/fix and "how do you do x" posts again, and that'll last for a little while until we start getting back to the tweaking before the next release.

It's a cycle I've seen a few times now here since 2001, and I expect it to continue.