Windows xp sp and server 2003 r2 sp2 MULTI BOOT dvd with some what of

Emperor Nicon

I solved, it. I can success fully boot xp sp3 or windows 2k3 server R2 sp2 off the same DVD. I used a few tools LIKE Easy Boot AND create multiboot folders, but i also had to generate boot files all over again and by copying them over from ~ls folder minus the setupldr winnt.sif. by running windows setup. it flawlessly worked. i Made a nice boot menu for it. no ntldr error

:rolleyes:

may i share copy's of my work with out the 25 digit license key

WINNT.SIF NO KEYS INCLUDED JUST ADD YOUR KEYS

GUIDE.DOC IS here http://rapidshare.de/files/41976892/guide.7z.html

Create_MultiBoot_Folders_And_Files.zip is here

http://rapidshare.de/files/41977075/Create..._Files.zip.html

WINNT.SIF

Edited by Emperor Nicon

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would put a little something here... First off I've found this posting which shows some promise: Link. Not sure if they'll figure it out though, and in order to read that you'll have to create a free account.

Anyway it would be nice if someone could find or figure out how to edit the boot loader without Server 2003 SP2 saying it is corrupt. I sure would like to be able to multiboot with this OS... If I knew more about with I would try to figure it out, but I'm not a programmer.

Hmmmm... isn't it done the same way as x64 or 2k3 SP1 versions? This is the first I have heard that it was changed. I'll have to do some testing myself then.

edit: Here is the link I use for x64/2k3 sp1:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Solution-for-mul...l=x64+multiboot

But I guess people are saying it doesn't work for sp2. :(

Edited by Siginet

What I've seen with Server 2003 SP2 with latest hotfixes (not unattended, not multiboot) is that on the next boot after setup, it gives the blue screen (inaccessible boot device) if it was not PARTITIONED (not only formated) with its setup CD.

I gave it few tries and then gave up, so can't give definitive claims about the behavior (not tested thoroughly), but it was consistent.

Also nLited heavily, but I think it didn't matter.

GL

*Edit: Maybe it has something to do with this .

Edited by GrofLuigi

i have 18 servers 115 workstations and i also have clients that use windows server 2003 standard, web, data center and enterprise edition. i am tired of scratching my original discs and, i want to save space in my tool box and also speed up my install time with out wasting much time entering my configuration every time i have succesfully did the aio dvd of windows server 2003 standard, web, data center, and enterprise edition with and without a service pack 1 and but sp2 will not budge.

Edited by Emperor Nicon

I know in the past when it wasn't possible to edit the 2003 SP1 setupldr.bin file we would just copy setupldr.bin from a windows xp disk and replace the 2003 setupldr.bin. It worked in the past. I have a feeling it will work for 2k3 sp2. I haven't tested the theory though. That could be a workaround for now until we find a better solution.

I know in the past when it wasn't possible to edit the 2003 SP1 setupldr.bin file we would just copy setupldr.bin from a windows xp disk and replace the 2003 setupldr.bin. It worked in the past. I have a feeling it will work for 2k3 sp2. I haven't tested the theory though. That could be a workaround for now until we find a better solution.

I tried this using a XP SP2 file and it gets to the blue setup screen but then stalls before entering completely...

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...