How to add MS office & other softwares to UAI

iMav

first up guys please dont curse for this n00b question but i tried to understand the guides i found on this forum and even searched but wasnt able to make head or tail out of it :blushing:

i just want to add software installations like MS Office; firefox etc. to my nlite setup that i am creating now i understand that this can be done using the runOnce command but i dont know how to go about it as in where do i add the office setup files what command to give and how to make that installation automated etc.

any help and guidance would be helpful

thank you

Edited by iMav

Welcome to MSFN, :hello:

Forum Rules:

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.

Check out the Windows Post Install Wizard. You'll find it on the main forum page. Yes, you can use RunOnce by using a cmd file to make those entries. All the information about how to create those, what to put in them, and how to make them work is in the Unattended Guide. It takes some time to work through to understand it all, but it is worth the effort. nLite is one great tool, but it can't read for you! lol

The RunOnce method works and is good to know, but WPI is much smoother and slicker. Check it out.

Welcome to MSFN, :hello:

Forum Rules:

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.

my apologies. i am sorry for a vague post title

Check out the Windows Post Install Wizard. You'll find it on the main forum page. Yes, you can use RunOnce by using a cmd file to make those entries. All the information about how to create those, what to put in them, and how to make them work is in the Unattended Guide. It takes some time to work through to understand it all, but it is worth the effort. nLite is one great tool, but it can't read for you! lol

The RunOnce method works and is good to know, but WPI is much smoother and slicker. Check it out.

well here is the thing i managed to find a post which linked me to a software that makes the softwares as add-ons which can then be added via nlite but that software simply keeps on hanging on my system and it is the automated office installation after windows installation that i am looking for has any 1 done that ?

thank u

As I mentioned, the RunOnce method works and I have done that (a while ago now). I managed to get Office installed along with a host of other programs (the image wasjust about 3GB) and all unattended. As I recall, I also had to prepare a special file for the Office install to customize the components (the transform file), but I also remember all the instructions were in the Unattended Guide I found here on MSFN. When I followed them, they worked. Sure, there were bumps, but when I checked it was almost always because I hadn't followed the instructions. After that I tried out the WPI method and found that to be a bit slicker and smoother.

Update:

I just found this which is an extract from my RunOnceEx.cmd file that is is the $OEM$/$1 folder:

REG ADD %KEY%\052 /VE /D "MS Office System Professional 2003 with SP1..." /f

REG ADD %KEY%\053 /VE /D "...>Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook, and InfoPath" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\053 /V 1 /D "%PP%Office\Office\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\053 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Bats\Normal.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\054 /VE /D "...>Front Page 2003" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\054 /V 1 /D "%PP%Office\FrontPage\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended-FP.MST /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "...>One Note 2003" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%PP%Office\OneNote\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended-ON.MST /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\056 /VE /D "...>Project 2003" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\056 /V 1 /D "%PP%Office\Project\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended-Proj.MST /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\057 /VE /D "...>Visio 2003" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\057 /V 1 /D "%PP%Office\Visio\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended-Visio.MST /qn" /f

As you can see, I used the straight setup.exe files, though you could as well use the *.msi file plus you can see the *.mst files which set the exact configuration you want on install. the %PP% refers to the path on the DVD disk I used at the time.

Edited by DonDamm